1b.app
Link copied -

How I forced employees to work according to the plan and what it led to

Continuation of the story on calendars and planning in OneBox. The beginning of the story is here - https://1b.app/ru/forum/onebox-chronicles/16029-kak-poyavilsya-kalendar-onebox-p...
All articles are available in three languages, switch in the upper left corner.
As you understood earlier, I'm normally so obsessed with calendars and planning. And at some point I realized that I want it to be so for all the employees with whom I work. And since I'm the main one in my company, I have the right to turn on the music I want. Yeah.
1. At first, I just let down the "plan your day" directive. It seemed to me that it was so simple, intuitively clear, it immediately becomes good for everyone.
It is clear that no one did anything. For different reasons. What for? And so they somehow worked. Max again came up with some crap.
2. Instructive conversations on the topic of why this is important, how it improves productivity, did not lead to anything, that I will not bother you by asking what you did, will do or have done - that's all for a light bulb.
3. Well, if so, then welcome to hellish discipline. I myself will plan the day for you, you just follow the plan. And if you don’t follow the plan or break the plan, this will affect your RFP. And if you fulfill the plan, it will also affect your salary, but in a pleasant way :)
Let's just say it worked. At some point, the entire OneBox / WebProduction was kept on fierce discipline, there are even administrators who plan days for employees and monitor the implementation of plans.
This discipline super quickly weeded out the slackers. It's cool to watch employees and interns who stupidly stare at the screen from morning to evening, and then cannot mark the task they have done. Because they didn't.
4. After a while, this approach led to the fact that the whole company sets tasks for each other, fulfills them, there are no fucking planning meetings, no scrum, agile and other great crap. There is a list of tasks, it changes on the fly, anyone sets tasks for anyone.
5. We can say that managerial happiness has come. No need to convince anyone of anything - created a task - they do it. Did not create - do not. Selected the task - it stopped doing. I changed the person responsible for the task - everything is done by another (although they quarrel there). Well, not a buzz? Such a culture has turned out, everyone works according to tasks, it is clear who did how much, who didn’t do how much, and in general there are only good things.
For me, this is like the next level after telegrams and viber chats. A chat message is certainly beautiful and cool, but the message has no status - they don’t clearly do it, they don’t do it, it’s ready or not ready, or they forgot it at all.
6. Think everything is so good? But it was not there! Any system quickly enough adapts to the requirements. It resembles car traffic - if there is a free road, everyone will start moving there and there will also be a traffic jam. If the goal is to do tasks, then they will quickly learn how to get rid of objectionable tasks, transferring it to other responsible ones, changing priorities for it, asking clarifying questions, and so on. This is not a flaw in this particular approach, but rather the general psychology of people to adapt to the system and twist it in their favor.
7. Also, a side effect of such a system is when you ask about something, and you are like “but the task didn’t say soooo, I’ll find it”. Or “there was no such task, prove it”. And you are too lazy to prove it, because the tasks flies under 1000 per day. It hurts, I'm used to it, but it still flies.
In general, we have been living like this for so long, and it is unlikely that I will want to change this.
Well, I don’t believe in open teams, where hired employees (this is an important point: it’s hired people) throw cool ideas like that and happily run to do them.
By the way, at some point, I began to think that I was the only one who was so obsessed with planning and management that we should not expect this from others, saying that all businesses work, have worked and will continue to work, which makes you tense. Until I got to Germany. But that's a topic for another post =)
Original question is available on version: ru Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/

Answers:

Commentary is available in ru and not yet translated to the current language.
05.12.2022, 22:01
«Один юрист із портфелем у руках награбує більше, ніж банда автоматників»

Miroshnichenko Maxim wrote:
who stupidly stare at the screen from morning to evening, and then cannot mark the task they have done

And the task of reading the topic should be closed?))
06.12.2022, 10:55
Original comment available on version: ru

Легеза Вячеслав iCOLOR OneBox
ФОП Легеза В.В.
Personal license
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you

asking clarifying questions, etc.

that is, you just need to do the task as it is and that's it;)
or when there are clarifying questions in 1000 tasks, because the task is not intuitively clear, then you can’t answer :)))?
06.12.2022, 22:31
Вячеслав Легеза Original comment available on version: ru

bu
OneBox production wrote:
And the task of reading the topic should be closed?))

Anu quickly give grandma a plus sign! (c) South Park
07.12.2022, 15:07
Как со мной связаться - никак :)

Legeza Vyacheslav Valerianovich
iCOLOR OneBox (FOP LEGEZA VYACHESLAV VALERIANOVICH) wrote:
or when there are clarifying questions in 1000 tasks, because the task is not intuitively clear, then you can’t answer :)))?

There is a fundamental difference between the questions:
1. how to do it?
2. Should I do this or this or this?
Because in the 1st case it is a lack of education, which the employer is not obliged to give you. Maybe, but not required. If you are taught at work, then why should you pay? You need to pay for education. Of course, there may be a more cunning agreement on prospects and mutual benefit, but if we take a clumsy situation - why do I need a driver who asks him to teach him how to drive a car. Or even he knows how to drive, but he does not know how to refuel. What?
And in the 2nd case, you offer options, and the manager just needs to choose a solution, and not come up with it for you.
07.12.2022, 15:11
Как со мной связаться - никак :)

Легеза Вячеслав iCOLOR OneBox
ФОП Легеза В.В.
Personal license
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you

Legeza Vyacheslav Valerianovych
iCOLOR OneBox (FLP LEGEZA VIACHESLAV VALERIANOVYCH) wrote:
or when in 1000 problems there are clarifying questions, because the problem is intuitively incomprehensible, then they answer with a hack :)))?

There is a fundamental difference between the questions:
1. how to do it?
2. Should I do this or this or this?
Because in the 1st case, this is a lack of education, which the employer is not obliged to give you. Maybe, but not obliged. If you are taught at work, why are you being paid? You have to pay for education. Of course, there can be a more cunning agreement about prospects and mutual benefit, but if we take a difficult situation - why should I have a driver who asks him to learn how to drive a car. Or even he knows how to drive, but he doesn't know how to refuel. What?
And in the 2nd case, you offer options, and the manager just needs to choose a solution, and not come up with it for you.

It seems quite logical.
But here the requirements for the manager are much higher than those of the employee.
Why so?
Why should an employee have such a manager who does not know how to direct, but waits for a proposal for development from subordinates?
Why should an employee invent a solution and receive the same salary for solutions acceptable to the manager as in the traditional model?
Such a relationship should stimulate both sides, not to mention the Team, which also depends on:
- from the manager's desire to be a Leader;
- from everyone's desire to generate interesting solutions.
13.12.2022, 21:12
Вячеслав Легеза Original comment available on version: ua

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment