1b.app
Link copied -

Incorrect work with goods that are credited in another currency

Hi all. Citizens experts, tell me what I'm doing wrong or where there is no checkmark.
The goods are credited in dollars. When an order arrives, the entry price of the item is added to the order from the item card Purchase price. The dollar is now jumping at random and we can change it several times a day in the system if there are strong fluctuations. It turns out if the dollar was 40.5 and changed to 41.5, but the purchase price in the order still remains at 40.5, although we run through the stage with the action "Set the purchase price of the process item from the last warehouse operation". If the same product is added again, then it will already have a purchase price of 41.5. calculated. And again, if the rate has changed, then the entry price in the order will not change. Help, please, how to get out of the situation?
The other day there was also a sale of a product that was taken from the return, it generally had an input price calculated at the rate of 28.8 [file]1
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Hello. If your price depends so much on the dollar, then it’s probably worth starting a product card in dollars and prescribing the sale price and purchase price in dollars, and in the process updating the dollar to hryvnia exchange rate. And then remove the pull-up action "set the purchase price of the process item from the last warehouse operation".
Although, to be honest, I don’t really see the point in this, since at the time of the purchase you already fixed the expense in hryvnia, respectively, the margin and the purchase are correct.
That is, if you have a purchase and you carry it out for dollars, then put the process itself in the hryvnia currency and the same with the sale.
15.08.2022, 12:49
Original comment available on version: ru

Агаренко Сергей
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you

Tretyak Artur
OneBox Insiders
Named License wrote:
Hello. If your price depends so much on the dollar, then it’s probably worth starting a product card in dollars and prescribing the sale price and purchase price in dollars, and in the process updating the dollar to hryvnia exchange rate. And then remove the pull-up action "set the purchase price of the process item from the last warehouse operation".
Although, to be honest, I don’t really see the point in this, since at the time of the purchase you already fixed the expense in hryvnia, respectively, the margin and the purchase are correct.
That is, if you have a purchase and you carry it out for dollars, then put the process itself in the hryvnia currency and the same with the sale.

Good afternoon Arthur. The option indicating the dollar currency in the product card is not suitable. We have online sales and the price is transferred to all sites and marketplaces in hryvnia.
I just can’t understand why the system, when performing the action “set the purchase price of the process product from the last warehouse operation”, simply does not multiply the posting price in dollars by the current dollar rate (as it happens in the product card when recalculating prices) - this is logical.
17.08.2022, 12:20

Agarenko Sergey
Leave a message in this thread and you will see the user's contacts wrote:
Good afternoon Arthur. The option indicating the dollar currency in the product card is not suitable. We have online sales and the price is transferred to all sites and marketplaces in hryvnia.
I just can’t understand why the system, when performing the action “set the purchase price of the process product from the last warehouse operation”, simply does not multiply the posting price in dollars by the current dollar rate (as it happens in the product card when recalculating prices) - this is logical.

No, it's not logical) If your posting is now in hryvnia, then this is a static entry in the journal at what price you received the goods. But if you have a posting in dollars, then something can already be done here. There are two options. Try to make the receipt in dollars without modification and check whether the incoming price will change at the rate of the process. Or if the income is in hryvnia, then make a revision with double conversion.
17.08.2022, 15:43

Tretyak Artur
OneBox Insiders
Named License wrote:

Agarenko Sergey
Leave a message in this thread and you will see the user's contacts wrote:

No, it's not logical) If your posting is now in hryvnia, then this is a static entry in the journal at what price you received the goods. But if you have a posting in dollars, then something can already be done here. There are two options. Try to make the receipt in dollars without modification and check whether the incoming price will change at the rate of the process. Or if the income is in hryvnia, then make a revision with double conversion.

I say for this) that the income is in dollars and it is logical that the incoming price of the goods in the order be recalculated at the current rate You write "at the rate of the process", I thought this was a global variable for the entire box, and it cannot be changed during the process. The variable is not found in the process interface https://prnt.sc/B5DCOaGaj4ah.
17.08.2022, 16:23

Agarenko Sergey wrote:
I say for this) that the income is in dollars and it is logical that the incoming price of goods in the order be recalculated at the current rate. You write "at the rate of the process", I thought this is a global variable for the entire box, and it cannot be changed in the process. The variable is not found in the process interface https://prnt.sc/B5DCOaGaj4ah.

Try then all the same to set the exchange rate in the process itself through such a block (Fig. 1)
And after that, work out the action "set the purchase price ..."
In theory, it should solve your problem.
17.08.2022, 17:42

Tretyak Artur
OneBox Insiders
Named License wrote:

Agarenko Sergey wrote:
I say for this) that the income is in dollars and it is logical that the incoming price of goods in the order be recalculated at the current rate. You write "at the rate of the process", I thought this is a global variable for the entire box, and it cannot be changed in the process. The variable is not found in the process interface https://prnt.sc/B5DCOaGaj4ah.

Try then all the same to set the exchange rate in the process itself through such a block (Fig. 1)

Checked. Unfortunately it didn't help. Block with Currency added. The input price does not change when passing "set purchase price". To change it, you need to recalculate prices after changing the dollar exchange rate, add this product as a new line, and only after that the input price will change. On the screen, the first line is the base price at a rate of 40.5, then I changed the course and added a second line, ran it through "set the purchase price" - nothing has changed. I recalculated in the product card and added the 3rd line, the price in the 3rd line became the same as in the product card after recalculation. I ran it again through "Set the purchase price". The input price in 3 lines has not changed. Looks like something with the logic of the action.
17.08.2022, 22:13

Agarenko Sergey wrote:

Tretyak Artur
OneBox Insiders
Named License wrote:

Agarenko Sergey wrote:

Checked. Unfortunately it didn't help. Block with Currency added. The input price does not change when passing "set purchase price". To change it, you need to recalculate prices after changing the dollar exchange rate, add this product as a new line, and only after that the input price will change. On the screen, the first line is the base price at a rate of 40.5, then I changed the course and added a second line, ran it through "set the purchase price" - nothing has changed. I recalculated in the product card and added the 3rd line, the price in the 3rd line became the same as in the product card after recalculation. I ran it again through "Set the purchase price". The input price in 3 lines has not changed. Looks like something with the logic of the action.

Hmm, only developers can see here. In my opinion, this needs to be improved. From the category: add to the action the checkbox "Take into account the exchange rate of the process when pulling up the purchase price from the posting operation". Then it will be ok) Because now this action most likely does not work like that.
18.08.2022, 02:42

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment