1b.app
Link copied -

OS enhancements: Working with product filters

When manually adding a filter to the product card (Picture 123) or in actions (Picture 124), a problem arises - it is not clear which filter is needed, since there are several filters with the same name. For example: there are several filters with the name "Material" and when choosing it is not clear which filter is needed.
I propose to solve this problem as follows: When searching for a new filter, add a prefix with the filter ID to the drop-down list of filters. For example: "Material (34)". But already when you select a filter - remove this prefix, it just remains "Material" (Picture 125).
Creation of different filters occurs in cases when you need to send different filter values, filter IDs and filter value IDs for different sites.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

for other customers, this will cause the feeling that it is not the filter ID that is written in brackets, but the number of products with this filter
why do you have duplicates?
31.01.2022, 02:23
Original comment available on version: ru

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production
OneBox CTO wrote:
for other customers, this will cause the feeling that it is not the filter ID that is written in brackets, but the number of products with this filter

I agree, we can.

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production
OneBox CTO wrote:
why do you have duplicates?

Igor, here are a few main reasons:
1) The same filter (For example, "Material") for different sites can have a different set of values, and those values that are missing on their site - they ignore.
For example:
- Prom.ua platform: has the meanings "Plastic", "Acrylic", "Cardboard", "Steel". (although there are more of these options on Rozetka and my website);
- Rozetka.ua platform - has "Plastic", "Acrylic", "Cardboard", "Paper", "Wood", "Medical Steel", "Jewelry Steel", etc.
- own site - has "Plastic", "Acrylic", "Cardboard", "Paper", "Wood", "Medical steel", "Jewelry steel", "Steel", "Glass", "Jewelry alloy", etc. P.
2) Different sites may have similar names for meanings (synonyms or different endings of the word), and they do not accept other meanings since they already have such a meaning. For example, the "Color" filter: the Rosette has the color "Gold", and the Prom has "Gold". And it’s not clear which one to choose for each site until you go to the admin panel of the site itself and look.
3) Some sites, in addition to "Filter Name" and "Filter Value Name", require the transfer of "Filter ID" and "Filter Value ID", and they differ from each other.
4) Different sites may have different types of filters. For example: Prom.ua in the "Material" filter has the "Single choice" type, but Rozetka and my site have the "Multiple choice" filter type.
5) In such sites as Prom and Rozetka, filters in products are substituted depending on the category in which this product belongs. In my niche (jewelry), these sites have several similar categories (For example: on the outlet there is a category "Jewellery" and is similar to "Jewellery", and they have the same filter names, but different IDs). But since I have several stores on Rozetka and Prom, I place the same product in different categories in order to be represented as much as possible everywhere.
6) The human factor.
31.01.2022, 13:13

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production
OneBox CTO wrote:

Ustimenko Igor , and if you do as you did with the categories?
07.02.2022, 23:39

Yurchenko Roman Sergeevich wrote:

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production
OneBox CTO wrote:

Ustimenko Igor , and if you do as you did with the categories?

in theory you can
time about 2 hours
08.02.2022, 00:58

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production
OneBox CTO wrote:
in theory you can
time about 2 hours

Will it be possible to search by ID?
08.02.2022, 01:00

Yurchenko Roman Sergeevich wrote:
Will it be possible to search by ID?

Yes
08.02.2022, 01:03

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production
OneBox CTO wrote:
Yes

Igor, issue an invoice for this task.
14.02.2022, 15:30

Everything is working. Thank you!
21.02.2022, 17:10

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment