1b.app
Link copied -

OS - Select existing image

How can I add an image that is already in the system to the product card so as not to duplicate files?
If this is not possible now, is it really possible to add a "select image from existing" button?
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

How can I add an image that is already in the system to the product card so as not to duplicate files?

No way. In addition, files with the same content are not physically duplicated.

If this is not possible now, is it really possible to add a "select image from existing" button?

Yes, but I don’t think it will be convenient to use it - there are a lot of files.
If you have a suggestion on how to do it optimally so that it is convenient to use - you can draw up a technical task - we will provide its assessment.
12.11.2021, 17:08
Original comment available on version: ru

Суханіцький Андрій OneBox CORP
OneBox Corp - Інтегратор
Personal license
I have.
Text editors have an "Insert/Edit Image" button
You can do something similar, but you need this button to open all the images that were once added to the products. Although I have no idea how to choose the right one among them. For such actions, you need to do an analogue of the file manager
12.11.2021, 17:21

You can do something similar, but you need this button to open all the images that were once added to the products. Although I have no idea how to choose the right one among them. For such actions, you need to do an analogue of the file manager

:))) here I am about the fact that something convenient is needed here
it may be more convenient to first search for a product (to display its photo), and then choose which ones to copy to the current product...
in general, let everyone who wants to offer their options that they consider the most convenient - and there they will choose / combine ideas
15.11.2021, 16:41

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:

:))) here I am about the fact that something convenient is needed here
it may be more convenient to first search for a product (to display its photo), and then choose which ones to copy to the current product...
in general, let everyone who wants to offer their options that they consider the most convenient - and there they will choose / combine ideas

your idea is good
the "copy image from another product" button and enter its id or name, and after that the image editor opens where you can crop it, if necessary.
By the way, now when adding a file via url, the editor does not open to crop the image, although it would be convenient.
16.11.2021, 10:53

the "copy image from another product" button and enter its id or name, and after that the image editor opens where you can crop it, if necessary.

offhand, a simple version of this functionality in the implementation will take about 8 hours
16.11.2021, 16:46

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:

offhand, a simple version of this functionality in the implementation will take about 8 hours

oh damn. Looks like the functionality hasn't been implemented yet.
16.11.2021, 17:25

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment