1b.app
Link copied -

Apostrophe, bug

Good afternoon

There are clients whose names have an apostrophe, for example "Mar'yana".

When you try to save such a name, an error appears.

Boxing doesn't accept apostrophe?

We send a message to our clients when placing a new order and it turns out like this - “Good afternoon, Maryana, I accept your request...”. We have to explain to clients that the program cannot save the name correctly...

How to fix it?
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Сусяк Ігор
Integrator.com.ua
Personal license
OXID, good afternoon.
the fact is that boxing, like all modern systems that work online, is subject to rules (for example here https://fiware-orion.readthedocs.io/en/2.4.0/user/forbidden_characters/index.htm... )
this means that if these characters are used, for example, in a URL or an API request, the browser will automatically recognize them as a command.
Accordingly, in your case, without special modifications, I recommend using the sign ' or `, which is located at the top left of the keyboard where ~.
03.01.2024, 16:47
Original comment available on version: ua

Hello. In general, you wrote in the topic that you use an apostrophe - but in fact it is a single quote - it has a different purpose.
Here is the apostrophe symbol ʼ
And here's what you use'
If you look closely, these are 2 different symbols
03.01.2024, 16:51
Original comment available on version: ru

Susyak Igor wrote:

I recommend using the ' or ` sign

I tried to use the first character - ' , the box doesn’t let it through, but to use the second one, you need to switch to English + it’s not an apostrophe, but some kind of Gravis :)
03.01.2024, 16:58

Derkach Dmytriy

OneBox production wrote:

Hello. In general, you wrote in the topic that you use an apostrophe - but in fact it is a single quote - it has a different purpose.

Here is the apostrophe symbol ʼ

And here's what you use'

If you look closely, these are 2 different symbols

I agree here, it’s just that the sign ‘ in the Ukrainian layout is the only character on the keyboard that looks like an apostrophe, it’s where the ~ symbol is, plus if you google it, it shows that this is an apostrophe, hence the question, now it’s clear, thank you.
03.01.2024, 17:03

OXID wrote:
I agree here, it’s just that the sign ‘ in the Ukrainian layout is the only character on the keyboard that looks like an apostrophe, it’s where the ~ symbol is, plus if you google it, it shows that this is an apostrophe, hence the question, now it’s clear, thank you.

If my answer helped you, please mark it correct. Thank you
03.01.2024, 17:06

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment