1b.app
Link copied -

PC and game console control via OneBox system

Hello! My lead is Computer Club. He needs to be able to connect a OneBox system to each computer and connect to the PS console in any way. In order to turn off the PC and console through the system as needed. Also interested in the option to turn off the timer. Tell me, can this be done? If so, how many hours of programming will be required?
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Igor Ustimenko should have answered here,
but since there is no answer, I will write. But the idea is his.
We will not be able to integrate directly with PS/XBOX.
But we can with smart sockets (there are many options).
Roughly speaking, OneBox can manage power for the device, not the device itself.
For example, let's take AJAX Hub 2 Plus (price 250 USD), connect Ajax WallSwith or Ajax PowerSwith (price $20/piece) to it.
Further OneBox through API AJAX'a turns on/off sockets and thus manages devices.
For AJAX, the stumbling block is whether they will give us an API. I have already requested, but not the fact that the answer will be fast.
19.01.2021, 22:14
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

The option is very good - but the client most likely needs an option when you can remotely turn off the device, because if you just turn off the power outlet (without turning off the device) - the OS on the PC will be bad and it will not bring anything good for the console either (HDD at least oh how they don’t like such things, you can read the rest of the hardware on Google, and this can be especially painful for cheap SSD drives that do not have a “margin of safety” with an unstable power supply.). If the client is ready to take the risk when his device will not turn off safely, but simply turn off the power and, roughly speaking, "fall" - then this is his option.
19.01.2021, 23:11
«Один юрист із портфелем у руках награбує більше, ніж банда автоматників» Original comment available on version: ru

There are no other options? The client is afraid of a breakdown that may arise from solving the problem in this way
21.01.2021, 15:43

Vdovenko Stanislav Igorevich
Employee wrote:
There are no other options? The client is afraid of a breakdown that may arise from solving the problem in this way

21.01.2021, 15:52
«Один юрист із портфелем у руках награбує більше, ніж банда автоматників» Original comment available on version: ru

Chizhik Alexander Sergeevich
Administrator wrote:

what about pc?
21.01.2021, 15:55

Vdovenko Stanislav Igorevich
Employee wrote:
what about pc?

if you can say in what way - then most likely yes - if there was such an opportunity - they would write to you
21.01.2021, 16:35

Alexander, you just pointed out in a previous comment that there are no ways for PS. So I thought that there are other ways for the PC.
There are different software for remote PC control. It is possible to choose a synchronization option with such software.
21.01.2021, 16:43

Alexander, you just pointed out in a previous comment that there are no ways for PS. So I thought that there are other ways for the PC.
There are different software for remote PC control. It is possible to choose a synchronization option with such software.

It is possible with a conditional winblocker, but such software must be sought and selected.
11.03.2021, 19:28
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment