1b.app
Link copied -

Algorithm of actions in case of server failure

I am very worried about what to do in case of a server failure - in our country there can be many reasons for the data center to burn down, show masks, just a physical disk malfunction. I know that vhosting makes a backup of the database, but the backup of the system itself, namely, business process settings, automatic actions, etc., does not. that is, in the case of force majeure, at best, you can get a clean system with restored orders, but everything else cannot be restored. If I misunderstood, correct me. But if this is still the case, then I ask you to consider the option of backup and the system itself with settings at least once a month, since it can take months to build the entire system from scratch a second time. I would also like to know the algorithm of actions in the event of such a force majeure, who to contact - to the hoster in the box and how quickly it is possible to restore the box to working capacity. Thanks.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Hello. All system settings / bp settings and so on are stored in the database. If you have to restore the system from a database backup, you will restore everything except the system files (they are stored on disk).
04.09.2020, 14:40
Original comment available on version: ru

Do I understand correctly that in case of a complete failure, I should first of all request a backup from the hoster, after which you install a clean system and deploy the backup and everything will be as it was at the time of the backup? without losing any data, settings, actions, etc.? Does that mean you shouldn't worry?
04.09.2020, 15:22

Yes, everything can be restored from a backup, except for files. Those. event records, files attached to emails, user avatars, files from comments and other physical files will be lost. Everything else can be restored from a backup.
04.09.2020, 15:27

Zubarev Sergey
I know that vhosting backs up the database

This is where I wouldn't be so sure.
If the box is on a shared, then Hvosting is possible and makes copies of the database.
If the box is on its own VPS, then I do not think that the hoster makes copies of any data.
Perhaps the hoster makes snapshots of its Hypervisor if the hardware fails to restore it.
Usually hosters offer backup methods (as an example, Hetzner can set up data backup, but like everything else for money)
I didn’t work very closely with Hvosting, but I didn’t observe any backup mechanisms in my personal account (I could be wrong)
05.09.2020, 00:33

By default, not a single hosting provider, not a single cloud provider makes backups and does not guarantee the safety of data in general (just in general, in general).
If you buy a server / hosting / vps yourself (even vps from amazon web services), then no one ever makes backups.
If you bought the server yourself, then you need to make a backup system yourself (or hire admins to do it).
HvOSTING differs from most providers in that he sometimes tries to make backups himself (out of the kindness of his heart), but if something goes wrong, you don’t need to count on it, because according to the offer agreement, he shouldn’t do this and there’s no responsibility bears.
Applied to the OneBox situation:
99% of clients do not understand that if the server is theirs, then they need to organize backups themselves.
Therefore, recently we have specially divided tariffs into "cloud" and "boxed".
Cloud - we buy virtual machines (hetzner) ourselves, make backups ourselves every day, update OneBox ourselves, monitor security, and so on.
Box - the client buys the server itself, we put OneBox there, and we do not bear any responsibility for the security, availability of the server, data safety.
Right now, we still have clients who once bought their own server, but we "serve" it. But this will not happen in the next few months, we are clearly transferring such clients to a box or cloud, and thereby clearly delineate the boundaries of responsibility.
So far, you can order a "sysadmin" service from us, which will set up backups for you. But, for this:
- you need to determine where to put these backups (and this is +1 server somewhere else)
- you will have to constantly pay the system administrator (to us or not to us) in order to monitor and repair if the backup system breaks (and this often happens because of the Internet).
Or use third-party backup services / companies, such as veeam (I haven’t used it personally, I don’t know the details).
06.09.2020, 14:41
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/

Miroshnichenko Maxim Aleksandrovich Right now we still have clients who once bought their own server, but we "serve" it. But this will not happen in the next few months, we are clearly transferring such clients to a box or cloud, and thereby clearly delineate the boundaries of responsibility.

As I understand it, I am one of these clients, I have two licenses and payments for two years of tailing vanbox.
Do I understand correctly that you are again changing the conditions of the game and boxing maintenance will become much more expensive?
06.09.2020, 14:51

As I understand it, I am one of these clients, I have two licenses and payments for two years of tailing vanbox.
I understand correctly that you are again changing the conditions of the game and boxing maintenance will become much more expensive?

Yes, you are now among those clients.
Of the changes that affect / have affected you:
1. if the server is yours and you do not pay us for it, then the responsibility for the server (including backups) is yours. We do not ask you to switch to the cloud (although I would like to :). You can leave everything as it is, but it is important to understand the responsibility for the server.
2. The technical support policy changes for all customers. Now there is no difference a bug or not a bug. If the client writes on the forum - we solve it for free, but we do not regulate the response time.
3. OneBox update policy is standardized. If earlier it was somehow, at the discretion of someone, now everything has become transparent:
- cloud - updates are free
- box - paid updates 10-12% per year
- for those clients where the contract says "OneBox CRM + ERP update for free" - it means free of charge.
Therefore, boxing maintenance should not become more expensive for you, and perhaps even cheaper.
06.09.2020, 22:25

I purchased two lifetime licenses and pay about 150 USD for the server + certificate, on the site the cheapest tariff for the cloud is $ 120.00 (as I understand it per month) now it takes me about 15 USD per month and it will be 150 USD as well I don't understand why I bought lifetime licenses? If you can contact me in writing and explain that it would not be discussed here.
07.09.2020, 12:58

Sergey, you bought 2 lifetime licenses. Nothing changes for you. Pay for the server and the hosting certificate - and everything will work as it should.
If you need backups, you can contact the hosting and ask "how to make backups automatically". This is their business and they will definitely help you with this.
07.09.2020, 13:23

Hmm .. with each answer there are more and more questions .. (They say in tailing that backups are made but they are not sure these backups include all the information necessary for recovery - and they send to the box saying that the server serves the box and they don’t even have an admin panel. Box says go to the hoster. The circle is closed. so I'm afraid that in case of problems, everyone will say that this is not their problem and no one will do anything. (
07.09.2020, 13:47

Zubarev Sergey
Client wrote:
Hmm .. with each answer there are more and more questions .. (They say in tailing that backups are made but they are not sure these backups include all the information necessary for recovery - and they send to the box saying that the server serves the box and they don’t even have an admin panel. Box says go to the hoster. The circle is closed. so I'm afraid that in case of problems, everyone will say that this is not their problem and no one will do anything. (

What is written here is a substitution of concepts:
Our company has provided you with a software product and support for this software product.
Tailing has provided you with a VPS (virtual server) and support for this virtual server.
For the safety of the data with which you work and process, you are responsible as the owner of this data.
You can also not buy a VPS from a provider, but install your own iron server in your office (at home, in a server room ... wherever it is convenient for you) and take responsibility for its performance.
And as an example; You bought a software product (for example, Windows 98 or the Microsoft Office suite), installed it on a PC or server, and use it. Microsoft supports its product, fixes bugs, redoes functionality...
BUT for the safety of what you work with is not responsible.
After all, you have no desire to present Microsoft's claims that the files you worked with are missing or unreadable, or something else happened ...
And by the way, for each next software product Windows 95, 98, XP, 7, 8, 10 with Microsoft Office, the same picture, just more versions (but in fact just an updated version of the previous one) asks for money again and does not distribute for free ...
08.09.2020, 00:45

Tasun Sergey Vladimirovich Our company provided you with a software product and support for this software product. Khvosting provided you with a VPS (virtual server) and support for this virtual server. You, as the owner of this data, are responsible for the safety of the data you work with and process.

How can I be held responsible for the data if I don't even have access to that data? you yourself demand that the hoster remove the admin panel? how can I even somehow see what is happening on the server, not to mention what to create backups. This is how your concepts are changed. When your product was sold to me, the question of hosting did not even arise - they explained to me that I would buy a finished product, after half a year it turned out that the server was a separate story. I understand that you want to earn money, but this is happening very incorrectly. For example, I use the prom package as a product and I don’t have a headache for hosting, backup, certificate, even the domain and then they pay for it - and where you don’t step at the van box - pay. Most of my friends have given up boxing for this very reason. Although the name of such a product could become a monopoly but alas. Even now, in this task, I received three different answers from those supporters - and who should I trust now?
08.09.2020, 14:15

Zubarev Sergey
Client wrote:
How can I be held responsible for the data if I don't even have access to that data?...

If you need access to your server, please contact us and you will have access on the same day.
08.09.2020, 16:51

integrator
integrator.com.ua
power backups for copying the database and folders /media on GoogleDrive so https://dou.ua/forums/topic/29820/
22.10.2020, 16:49

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment