1b.app
Link copied -

Questions about migrating to OneBox OS, installing a new system on my new server.

Hello, forum users!
I wanted to ask a question in the topic: "Official clarification for customers about boxed versions, updates and OneBox OS", but the discussion there is closed. I ask here.
I am considering taking advantage of the special conditions for switching to OneBox OS, with a free installation of a new system on my new server.
Today, I am ready to pay annually 4 user licenses for $ 50 for the opportunity to use the updated working OneBOX OS system. I understand that this is the amount for a client with the rights of "homeless" and that no one here owes me anything.
In this regard, you need to find out the following:
one.
Let's say something breaks in my software or there is another reason that makes it impossible to use the new OS OneBOX. Will I be able to turn on the old server on OneBOX Revolution, will it work as before the transition? Those. will there be any action or inaction on your part that will not allow me to return to the old version?
Are
Original question is available on version: ru С уважением, Золотарь Павел (bridge-pc.com)

Answers:

Pavel, good afternoon!

Let's say something breaks in my software or there is another reason that makes it impossible to use the new OS OneBOX. Will I be able to turn on the old server on OneBOX Revolution, will it work as before the transition? Those. will there be any action or inaction on your part that will not allow me to return to the old version?
Are these issues discussed in the contract to be concluded?
The economic situation does not allow me to pay for the cloud or 10 thousand bucks for reconfiguring the server.
Please email me the contract for review.

1. Unfortunately, technically moving from OneBox old versions to OS is only one way. Because the database and the way information is stored is changing.
This can be solved in such a way as "back up the old system", update, click, and if something is wrong - deploy the old one from the backup. But, if any data is entered into the new system, then this database cannot be inserted into the old one.
2. Since you are an old active client, the conditional 10,000 USD for installation on the server does not concern you.
This restriction is only for new customers who wish to get OneBox OS on their servers.

I realized that it is not planned to keep the online store working in OneBox OS, but if you change your mind with my consent to endure "lags", then it will be great.
Actually, the question is this: will the company's employees still have the function of working with orders for trade and the provision of services, warehouse operations, uploading an order in the form of an XML file to a separate FPT server during a sale?

Warehouses, finance, all uploads in XML, FTP, etc. - everything remains. Only the face of the online store disappears.
The problem with online shopping is that it's not our business. Companies that make software like OneBox conditionally 10 in the entire CIS, and companies that create online stores - 1000 in Kyiv alone. Therefore, we deliberately shift+del online store from OneBox OS.
We recommend using the conditional OpenCart as the face of the online store. We have good integration with it, and it works better than OneBox Shop.

The parameters of the new server are planned as follows:
INTEL Core i5 11500 processor (11th generation with UHD Graphics 750 video adapter, released in 2021)
ASUS PRIME H510M-A s1200 motherboard (Intel H510 chipset, Intel I219-V 1Gb Ethernet)
RAM 16GB (DDR4)
SSD M.2 2280 250GB PCI-E 3.0 (x4) Kingston SA2000M8/250G
Will OneBox OS understand these components?
What are the hardware requirements for the new OneBox OS? Despite the fact that 4 employees will work with the OS, over 15 years of work, 100 thousand orders and 170 thousand goods have settled in the database. An old server with One Box Revolution on a 6th gen Core i5 / 16GB / SATA SSD 120GB does just fine.

Yes, iron is OK.
Even the old iron is OK.
But, the operating system on the server should be ONLY CentOS 8. No ubunty, fribsd, etc. Only CentOS and only 8+.
Some of the functions will not work without CentOS: recalculation of supplier prices, uploading to PDF and XLS.

Will the new OneBox OS on my server, like on the old server, have the file system encrypted so that when the server is turned on, it will only boot after entering the password?

This is how you set it up. In a way, your server = your problems :)
OneBox OS just needs CentOS.

If possible, tell us in more detail what actions with the operating system will be possible on my server without the involvement of technical support and integrators? Working with the command line, Upgrading the Linux kernel and packages, cleaning and "light repair" of SQL tables, launching the MC file manager ?

Unfortunately, I did not understand the question at all.
On your server, you can do whatever you want.
12.05.2021, 10:53
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

You can send me the contract for review and contact to discuss the details.
I'm going to take advantage of the offer to upgrade until 01/07/2021 to OneBox OS with my personal server at an annual fee of 4*user * $50/user/year = 200$/year .

Miroshnichenko Maxim Alexandrovich
OneBox CEO wrote:
Unfortunately, I did not understand the question at all.
On your server, you can do whatever you want.

Reading on the forum a discussion of the issues of switching to OneBox OS, I somewhere saw a statement from the developer that the server with OneBOX OS will not have a simple Linux and that it will not be easy to figure out the settings for those who are not a developer or an integrator. Perhaps I misunderstood something.
Please specify whether OneBOX employees (or integrators) will install Linux CentOS8+ on my server with a clean SSD / HDD, and then they will install OneBox OS software, or I provide you with a server with my side of Linux OS installed and configured, and OneBOX employees themselves install only OneBox OS?
Apparently, I will not have any more questions at this stage. Thanks for the replies! You can close the topic. I wish you all fruitful activity!
12.05.2021, 20:35
С уважением, Золотарь Павел (bridge-pc.com) Original comment available on version: ru

You can send me the contract for review and contact to discuss the details.

You will be contacted, thank you.

Reading on the forum a discussion of the issues of switching to OneBox OS, I somewhere saw a statement from the developer that the server with OneBOX OS will not have a simple Linux and that it will not be easy to figure out the settings for those who are not a developer or an integrator. Perhaps I misunderstood something.

This is not entirely true.
On the standard CentOS 8, we put a set of standard software on top directly from the centos repositories:
php 8.4 + a bunch of standard php modules
redis
memcached
mariadb-server
git
We focus specifically on centos packages out of the box. If, for example, mariadb is replaced with percona or oracle mysql or something else, somewhere something will stop working. It may work, but we do not know about it, because we did not check it.
Therefore, in order not to do what ms windows does and not to test the software on all possible hardware and environments, we know exactly what configuration everything works correctly and we insist on it.
Most likely, we will soon come to the fact that OneBox will be available as a conditional Redmine/Jira/Windows/MacOS:
1. If you want to your server - download OneBox directly from the site, here is the instruction on how to install, this is how it is activated.
2. If you don't want to install on your server, buy a cloud plan.
3. not satisfied with options 1 and 2 - any system administrator will perform item 1 for you for a nominal fee.
About "10 000 USD":
Unfortunately, the corporate world of large companies looks like this: there is a system administrator who decided that everything will be on ubuntu. 100 servers on ubunt, so onebox will be on ubunt, because he wants it that way. That is why we are making the "10,000 USD" rule, for which we are ready to endure corporate brainwashing with operating system types, access rights, and so on.

Please specify whether OneBOX employees (or integrators) will install Linux CentOS8+ on my server with a clean SSD / HDD, and then they will install OneBox OS software, or I provide you with a server with my side of Linux OS installed and configured, and OneBOX employees themselves install only OneBox OS?

It's not essential. There are two options:
1. you give us a clean server with CentOS where we put you OneBox OS
2. you give us a clean server without anything - and we put the necessary modules and OS there ourselves.
13.05.2021, 20:28
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment