1b.app
Link copied -

Tariff prices and currency conversion

I want to raise the issue of the cost of tariffs, because the situation is getting worse. The fact is that on your site the price is indicated in dollars, and when paying with a visa, there is a conversion into hryvnias, and here is the whole snag. We have tariff-3, which costs 75usd, but due to payment in hryvnias, it becomes 100usd during conversion. If you pay a year, the overpayment will be a pain of 250 usd. Is it possible to pay with VISA in dollars? I don’t really want to overpay just because of the exchange rate difference.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Michael, good evening!
Specially checked the situation.
When you make a payment via LiqPay, we send "We want 25 USD" to LiqPay (see screenshot).
Further, if you indicate a hryvnia card, then your bank will already convert the money at its own rates UAH > USD.
For example, if you have a PrivatBank hryvnia card, then on 2022-07-21 it will be 36.90.
If you indicate a dollar card, then there will be no conversion, it will be from the dollar.
Please clarify if I misunderstood something.
21.07.2022, 22:57
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

Miroshnichenko Maxim
OneBox CEO wrote:
Michael, good evening!
Specially checked the situation.
When you make a payment via LiqPay, we send "We want 25 USD" to LiqPay (see screenshot).
Further, if you indicate a hryvnia card, then your bank will already convert the money at its own rates UAH > USD.
For example, if you have a PrivatBank hryvnia card, then on 2022-07-21 it will be 36.90.
If you indicate a dollar card, then there will be no conversion, it will be from the dollar.
Please clarify if I misunderstood something.

Thank you for efficiency.
when I pay through my bank, they write to me in the report that not dollars, but hryvnias were withdrawn from me, although I choose to pay in USD. that's the problem.
Just for clarification, if I now make a payment in USD, and they charge me not 75 USD, but hryvnia, and for a larger amount, then what should I do?
22.07.2022, 08:32

I have a Moldovan bank card in MDL, I can also make USD.
it’s just that when I pay for, for example, some application on Google, then everything is ok there - they take it off like for dollars, but here hryvnias.
22.07.2022, 08:33

here is an example of a payment that I understand, and an example of a vanbox.
22.07.2022, 08:36

We will check with LiqPay what is happening and unsubscribe.
But, it looks like this is some kind of joke of your bank in relation to LiqPay.
22.07.2022, 12:34

Miroshnichenko Maxim
OneBox CEO wrote:
We will check with LiqPay what is happening and unsubscribe.
But, it looks like this is some kind of joke of your bank in relation to LiqPay.

Maxim, thank you for your help.
I connected GPay, made a payment through it and the payment went well. there is no exchange rate difference. our bank really stopped serving hryvnias - I called them, they confirmed that the problem is due to double conversion if you pay via liqpay.
I will pay with GPay.
the issue is resolved.
22.07.2022, 12:45

but the payment was still in hryvnia

but at least there is not a big exchange rate difference
22.07.2022, 12:46

LiqPay answered us:
My Ukrainian acquiring and pratsyyuemo according to the legislation of Ukraine.
We forcefully ask for debiting in hryvnia.
If you put the sum, on the butt, in euro / dollar - we convert it into hryvnia at the rate of PrivatBank.
Then the hryvnia is charged to the payer's bank and converted into dollars at the rate of the payment system and go to the payer's bank.
Given the exchange rate to the bank of the payer, the dollar is converted into the currency of the payer's card and debited.
You will be secured hryvnia
---
We will think about it, maybe we will connect some European acquiring in the near future.
22.07.2022, 13:57

Miroshnichenko Maxim
OneBox CEO wrote:
LiqPay answered us:
My Ukrainian acquiring and pratsyyuemo according to the legislation of Ukraine.
We forcefully ask for debiting in hryvnia.
If you put the sum, on the butt, in euro / dollar - we convert it into hryvnia at the rate of PrivatBank.
Then the hryvnia is charged to the payer's bank and converted into dollars at the rate of the payment system and go to the payer's bank.
Given the exchange rate to the bank of the payer, the dollar is converted into the currency of the payer's card and debited.
You will be secured hryvnia
---
We will think about it, maybe we will connect some European acquiring in the near future.

Thanks! it would be great
22.07.2022, 16:41

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment