1b.app
Link copied -

Transition to OS

Share your experience and perhaps give wise advice.
We have a box, I don’t switch to OS due to the fact that we have an active season now and I can’t risk the functionality that I have, this can stop work.
Question 1: Is the transition carried out in parallel? Those. there is an existing version and there is a transition version where you can check everything and after that jump to the new version or is it a sharp transition with arranging errors along the way
Question 2/advice. We have + 9 new points until 11.30, if the transition to OS is abrupt and entails risks, then you need to buy an additional box there, and this is now $ 1000 / user, this will increase the costs of the franchisee, which is very bad (especially considering that one point needs 2- 3 access), what options are there, maybe there are solutions to use access from different ip so that at least one point where two employees do not buy 2 licenses and they could use one.
With the help of integrators, we divided the acces
Оригинальный вопрос доступен на версии: ru

Answers:

Inna, good evening!

Question 1: Is the transition carried out in parallel? Those. there is an existing version and there is a transition version where you can check everything and after that jump to the new version or is it a sharp transition with arranging errors along the way

By default, the transition is done like this:
- takes an existing box
- backup
- updated
- the necessary applications are automatically installed
- all
That is, one box is updated in one direction.
There seems to be no way back.
IMPORTANT: you cannot make it so that there is one base, but two different interfaces. Where the employee decides from which box to set the task, from the old one or from the new one.
You can optionally do this:
1. make a copy of your onebox to another address
2. update the copy according to the procedure above
3. we get two different boxes: you can see what has changed, what is missing, make a decision "now we are sitting on a new one or already on the old one." If something is missing, order, finish. Then we repeat the procedure starting from point 1 again.
16.08.2021, 21:38
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Оригинальный комментарий доступен на версии: ru


Netudykhata Inna wrote:
Question 2/advice. We have + 9 new points until 11.30, if the transition to OS is abrupt and entails risks, then you need to buy an additional box there, and this is now $ 1000 / user, this will increase the costs of the franchisee, which is very bad (especially considering that one point needs 2- 3 access), what options are there, maybe there are solutions to use access from different ip so that at least one point where two employees do not buy 2 licenses and they could use one.
With the help of integrators, we divided the access rights, we are testing it at home, but again it is not clear how it will work on the OS and may entail a number of expensive improvements.
I'm a little saddened by the fact that now we have one problem with the scaling issue - crm, now I just don't see a normal option so that you can work with new points without the risks of switching or without huge additional payments for the user in the box. Although I initially changed crm and finalized the functionality for the idea of expanding the network and creating software that could pull it

Note bene:
- as far as I know, they sell licenses (activation keys) now for $600-700, not $1000.
- OS finishes can be obtained for free - https://crm-onebox.com/ru/support/onebox-official-news/9231-snyati-vse-ograniche...
Now the fun part:
1. in old OneBoxes, setting permissions is hellish hell. In the OS - setting access rights is easy, fast and understandable, the interface is more convenient, the speed of applying access rights (ACL machine) is ten times faster.
It is worth considering moving to an OS, if only because of access rights. They are really better there.
2. OneBox OS has a Network app - https://crm-onebox.com/ru/app/network/
We haven’t talked about it properly yet, so I’ll start here, with the main idea:
- you have a main office, there are branches.
- Each branch has its own OneBox. Cloud or boxed - it doesn't matter. The main thing is to have a separate box, separate servers.
- Network allows you to configure the rules for synchronization and data exchange:
a. for example, the necessary orders from branches are merged into the central box. All comments (but not statuses) are synchronized on them.
b. in the main box, you set up a business process (workflow) and then copy it to your branches. This allows you to test the PSU in one box, and when everything is fine, roll it out to the branches.
- each individual box is assigned its own admin (if necessary), who can manage his box. He knows nothing about the rest of the boxes and cannot get to them in any way.
There are a lot of possibilities, but the main idea is to build a decentralized system from boxes.
There is no single point of failure (all on different servers, virtual machines).
There is no single point of the human factor (local admins will not get to the main box).
There is no micromanagement in management (although not everyone is ready for this).
The franchise is doing just fine.
16.08.2021, 21:50
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Оригинальный комментарий доступен на версии: ru


Netudykhata Inna wrote:
Question 2/advice. We have + 9 new points until 11.30, if the transition to OS is abrupt and entails risks, then you need to buy an additional box there, and this is now $ 1000 / user, this will increase the costs of the franchisee, which is very bad (especially considering that one point needs 2- 3 access), what options are there, maybe there are solutions to use access from different ip so that at least one point where two employees do not buy 2 licenses and they could use one.

More about money:
It is advisable to stick to the scheme anyway, where one user has a specific account.
We are deliberately pressing for the purchase of boxes so that everyone gradually switches to the cloud.
With the cloud, the situation is much simpler and clearer:
You can collect an individual cloud tariff through partners. Yes, everything dances from plus or minus $22-25/user/month or $220-250/user/year.
If your franchisee needs 3 accesses, then this is a maximum of $75/month.
Given the above about the network, you can give your franchisees an already configured cloud box, which is synchronized with your main box. And take money from them for software (reseller).
Here is our sales partner who knows how to collect such tariffs - https://crm-onebox.com/ru/partner/teamsalesonebox/
Also, soon a "for data" scheme will appear for the cloud, where the number of users is unlimited, but there is a data limit.
For example, no more than 10Gb and no more than 5000 orders (the numbers I am now very conditional).
You can put cloud boxes under the franchisee, synchronize them over the network, the boxes will be free for you until the franchisee stuffs data into it. Then you will need to pay for data or switch to a tariff with payment for the user.
I also want to note that it doesn’t matter for the network which boxes to synchronize: a box or a cloud.
You can put your "main box" in your box, and give the franchisees cloud ones.
Hope I didn't confuse you :)
16.08.2021, 22:01
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Оригинальный комментарий доступен на версии: ru

Maxim Hello, thanks for the complete answer! This option suits us best:

Miroshnichenko Maxim wrote:
You can optionally do this:
1. make a copy of your onebox to another address
2. update the copy according to the procedure above
3. we get two different boxes: you can see what has changed, what is missing, make a decision "now we are sitting on a new one or already on the old one." If something is missing, order, finish. Then we repeat the procedure starting from point 1 again.

Because I am very worried that during the transition we will get something new and incomprehensible, it can simply stop all debugged processes.

Miroshnichenko Maxim wrote:
- as far as I know, they sell licenses (activation keys) now for $600-700, not $1000.

5.07 I bought a license for $600, the manager told me that this is the last time I can do it for this amount and now only $1000.
For our franchisees, even $600 is too much, now there are a lot of cloud crm for our business, which are actively developing at a price of $15-20 / month, so we need a transition to give a price to new partners +- such as these crm

Miroshnichenko Maxim wrote:
1. in old OneBoxes, setting permissions is hellish hell. In the OS - setting access rights is easy, fast and understandable, the interface is more convenient, the speed of applying access rights (ACL machine) is ten times faster.
It is worth considering moving to an OS, if only because of access rights. They are really better there.

Yes, I support, they did the last revision on access rights, which was quite expensive, but now in the process of work I understand that there are still a lot of "pockets"

Miroshnichenko Maxim wrote:
2. OneBox OS has a Network app - https://crm-onebox.com/ru/app/network/
We haven’t talked about it properly yet, so I’ll start here, with the main idea:
- you have a main office, there are branches.
- Each branch has its own OneBox. Cloud or boxed - it doesn't matter. The main thing is to have a separate box, separate servers.
- Network allows you to configure the rules for synchronization and data exchange:
a. for example, the necessary orders from branches are merged into the central box. All comments (but not statuses) are synchronized on them.
b. in the main box, you set up a business process (workflow) and then copy it to your branches. This allows you to test the PSU in one box, and when everything is fine, roll it out to the branches.
- each individual box is assigned its own admin (if necessary), who can manage his box. He knows nothing about the rest of the boxes and cannot get to them in any way.

Yes, it's perfect for a franchise.

Miroshnichenko Maxim wrote:
I also want to note that it doesn’t matter for the network which boxes to synchronize: a box or a cloud.
You can put your "main box" in your box, and give the franchisees cloud ones.

I'm a little confused) can I do this now? to stay on the box itself, and for the franchisee to make a cloud with our functionality?
Thanks a lot!
21.08.2021, 17:15
Оригинальный комментарий доступен на версии: ru


Netudykhata Inna wrote:
I'm a little confused) can I do this now? to stay on the box itself, and for the franchisee to make a cloud with our functionality?

Yes
21.08.2021, 18:08
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Оригинальный комментарий доступен на версии: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment