1b.app
Link copied -

The number of characters for the product name.

Есть непонятные моменты в работе системы?
Возникают сложности при настройке?
Вы всегда можете создать топик на нашем форуме и партнеры-интеграторы помогут в решении вопроса! Создать топик на форуме
Each platform has some "rules" (sometimes conditional) on the number of characters in the name. For example: On OLX, the system does not accept more than 70 characters, on other platforms there is a "conditional - aesthetic" number of characters.
Accordingly, it is very important to understand how many characters are added to the name at the stage of product formation in OneBox OS.
As an option:
Add. field with text/line add number of characters (photo1)
Add. a field with text (html) is ideal for adding a number of characters (photo2), but exporting such a name will be difficult due to html markup.
Please tell me the correct solution.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

255 for standard field
several tens of thousands for any additional field
05.08.2021, 12:24
Original comment available on version: ru

It is very important to understand how many characters are added to the product name in OneBox OS, because this data will be exported to other marketplaces.
Currently, OneBox OS does not have a line with such information.
Name, for example: "Charger 100W Baseus GaN2 Pro Quick Charger 2C + 2U (CCGAN2P-L01) Black". This name contains 80 characters with a space, OLX will not accept it, it will give an error. In another platform, visually more than 65 characters in the title form three lines in the title, this is already unacceptable aesthetically.
05.08.2021, 12:37

Nicholas wrote:
It is very important to understand how many characters are added to the product name in OneBox OS, because this data will be exported to other marketplaces.
Currently, OneBox OS does not have a line with such information.

because not a single client has yet come across who needed more than 255 characters. I repeat once again: in the box you can store the name of the product up to 255 characters long.
05.08.2021, 12:39

In boxing I can, but when exporting this product (with a name of more than 70 characters with a space), for example: OLX - will give an error (they do not accept more than 70 characters for the name). I need to control the number of characters in the export product name.
05.08.2021, 12:45

We can make an action in the box, which, if the specified number of characters is added to the product name, will show you an error and will not allow you to save the product. It will take about 1 hour of refinement, will be triggered when the product is updated. Bill?
05.08.2021, 12:49

This decision will put in a certain framework. I need something more versatile.
In additional fields there is a field type "Text (html)", this type of field has an HTML editor in which there is a number of words in the text ... (photo with an example uploaded)
Is it possible to add "characters" to the HTML editor? There is already a number of words in the text, the number of characters will be there to the point.
05.08.2021, 13:04

you are forgetting one important thing. html editor adds span tags to text, which you obviously don't want to upload to other sites
05.08.2021, 13:17

I agree.
But I can remove the excess in the "...Export" action with the help of - "Replace all phrases / words / links in the file" + "Replace only the values in the column with the name"
05.08.2021, 13:31

I think you are making life difficult for yourself. Specifically complicate. I understand that now you have 100 products and it seems to you a good idea to form the names manually, each time pay attention to the number of characters in the name, remember what restrictions there are on each of the 10 price sites, and so on. In a few years, I hope that you won’t have time for such trifles, since you will have several tens of thousands of products and you won’t remember any restrictions, so the software restriction option will be more profitable for you.
05.08.2021, 13:48

Everything you wrote is very logical. But I'm just starting to get to know OneBox, often a short amount of time passes and insight comes along the way to certain goals through the various features of OneBox. After forming a stable view that a solution with revision will be the most correct solution, I will definitely take advantage of this opportunity. For now, I would just like to ask you to add "number of characters with spaces" to the HTML editor, of course, if possible.
05.08.2021, 14:09

Nicholas wrote:
Add. a field with text (html) is ideal for adding a number of characters (photo2), but exporting such a name will be difficult due to html markup.

Hello. Add character counter - 1h
05.08.2021, 15:23

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment