1b.app
Link copied -

How does the "Determine contact gender by name (if not defined)" action work and how to extend this lookup?

Good afternoon!
Tell me, what is the logic of the automation "Determine the gender of the contact by name (if not defined)"? Does she compare the data with some kind of reference book? If Yes, then where is this directory and can I enter some other data (names) into it?
I am asking this question because it does not detect names written in Ukrainian.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Hello, everything works a little easier)
It looks at the "Name" field, then looks at the entire database of contacts in the box, and if it finds such a contact with the same name and gender, then the contact where the save took place (we launched this action) will be set to gender = gender of the found contact with the same name .
That is, in other words, you specify the gender of your clients, and then if you create a new or edit an existing contact with the same name (for which the gender is already defined), then the edited contact will also be changed to the gender found)
31.01.2021, 15:13
Original comment available on version: ru

Gubko Alexander Sergeevich
Employee wrote:
Hello, everything works a little easier)
It looks at the "Name" field, then looks at the entire database of contacts in the box, and if it finds such a contact with the same name and gender, then the contact where the save took place (we launched this action) will be set to gender = gender of the found contact with the same name .
That is, in other words, you specify the gender of your clients, and then if you create a new or edit an existing contact with the same name (for which the gender is already defined), then the edited contact will also be changed to the gender found)

Alexander,
thanks for the info.
Perfect solution :)
I suspect that if two different values \u200b\u200bare affixed to one name (for example: there is a contact with the name Dmitry and gender M, and the same name, but gender Zh) - in the future you need to constantly select the desired value, since Box cannot determine which exactly what you need to choose. Right?
31.01.2021, 15:28

Yurchenko Roman Sergeevich
Client wrote:
I suspect that if two different values \u200b\u200bare affixed to one name (for example: there is a contact with the name Dmitry and gender M, and the same name, but gender Zh) - in the future you need to constantly select the desired value, since Box cannot determine which exactly what you need to choose. Right?

Yeah, it just won't define
31.01.2021, 19:00

Gubko Alexander Sergeevich
Employee wrote:

Yurchenko Roman Sergeevich
Client wrote:

Yeah, it just won't define

Thanks))
31.01.2021, 19:26

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment