1b.app
Link copied -

Abnormal delay with email parser

Here is the task https://baza.cn.ua/admin/customorder/issue/32236/edit/
Which was created based on the event https://baza.cn.ua/admin/issue/addmail/?eventid=41356
Task created for test
So the problem is that the letter was sent at 14:26
But in reality (event + task) were created at 14:41, that is, the difference is 15 (some kind of magic number 60/4)
At the same time, at the time of testing, I observed all the crowns, they worked out quickly and correctly
That is, cron-minute worked for a minute and cron-imap also worked once a minute (or once every 30 seconds, I don’t know for sure, but quickly)
In general, why is there such a delay of 15 minutes, despite the fact that all the crowns are working?
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Good afternoon. We can provide you with such information only when switching to the cloud mode. The second option, on a paid basis, we can analyze the cron on your server and find out and possibly eliminate the causes of delays. It will take about 4 hours to finish. Bill?
04.01.2021, 14:55
Original comment available on version: ru

Куприян Владислав Валерьевич
Baza.cn.ua / Integrator (FOP Kupriyan)
1. And what does the crowns have to do with it, I kind of clearly described that there are no problems with the crowns, do they work normally?
2. It seems to me that this is some kind of bug, but if this is not a bug and the normal operation of the system, then explain how the mechanism for parsing letters works and why there can be such big delays?
3. What is your normal period of time (at the cloud rate) from getting a letter to the mailbox to creating an event in the box?
4. How often does cron-imap work?
5. Are there any settings to manage its (cron-imap) frequency (before it was written that admins somewhere make settings on the server to launch the parser?
04.01.2021, 15:03

Kupriyan Vladislav Valerievich wrote:
that is, the difference is 15 (some kind of magic number 60/4)

Everything is simpler - mailboxes based on @gmail.com are parsed every 15 minutes.
This is due to the fact that Google itself can block the connection if mail is parsed more often than 10 minutes using the IMAP protocol - that's actually what parsing costs every 15 minutes.
You cannot manage this. Unless to refine.
04.01.2021, 15:25

They have it written verbatim in case of a connection error:

Check if the mail application checks mail too often. If this happens more than once every 10 minutes, your application may be blocked.
04.01.2021, 15:27

Куприян Владислав Валерьевич
Baza.cn.ua / Integrator (FOP Kupriyan)

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
Administrator wrote:
They have it written verbatim in case of a connection error:

Check if the mail application checks mail too often. If this happens more than once every 10 minutes, your application may be blocked.

And there are some more official sources of this information, that is, some recommendations on "mail parsing"
I just found this information here https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=ru
But it is essentially about blocking an account, this is not really a recommendation.
It's just that it's hard to believe that there can be a full-fledged work if you parse every 15 minutes
Somehow I can’t believe that there can be full-fledged communication, since the answer can be obtained in fact in 15 minutes
04.01.2021, 15:47

And there are some more official sources of this information, that is, some recommendations on "mail parsing"
I just found this information here https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=ru

If for you directly Google (as the developer of Gmail) is not an official source, then adequate communication is out of the question. In this regard, this is my last comment on this topic.

But it is essentially about blocking an account, this is not really a recommendation.

If it is written that there may be a blockage when connecting more than once every 10 minutes - what can happen in this case? Maybe a blockage? The question is rhetorical.

It's just that it's hard to believe that there can be a full-fledged work if you parse every 15 minutes.
Somehow I can’t believe that there can be full-fledged communication, since the answer can be obtained in fact in 15 minutes

Do not want - do not believe. It's your right.
Changing this logic - 2 hours of refinement. Consequences in the form of subsequent blocking are your responsibility.
04.01.2021, 16:00

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment