1b.app
Link copied -

How to remove excess data from the connected gmail mail box?

I connected the gmail mail to the box, all the mail from the account was uploaded, which is almost 8 GB, although there was no warning about the impact on the storage download in the description of the application. I have a "Per data" tariff, we are just starting to work with OneBox. The next day, the tariff is charged immediately. Tell me whether it is possible to change the settings so that not everything is pulled into the box, or mail that is sent and received outside of the box is not pulled at all, will removing the connection affect the reduction of data volume?
Original question is available on version: ua

Answers:

Ksenia Anufrieva wrote:
Tell me if it is possible to change the settings so that not everything is pulled into the box, or mail that is sent and received outside of the box is not pulled at all

Good day.
Tell me, how exactly do you distribute which mail is received from the box?
You connected the integration via IMAP - data from the mail and it was downloaded.
14.03.2024, 09:25
Original comment available on version: ua

Ануфрієва Ксенія
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you
I set up the mail connection, everything is as shown in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdb1peLBJN4 - so there was an IMAP connection there

but received an error: IMAP: Not OK ([AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure) Too many login failu...

Then on the forum I found advice to change SMTP from 465 to 587 and create a separate password for the Google application, entered the data (see screenshot)

The error disappeared, the mail became active, I sent/received a test letter, but I noticed that all the mail was loaded into the "Mail" application, and the next day I saw an increased amount of data in the cloud and charging for the tariff. Can this be fixed?
14.03.2024, 09:46

Ануфрієва Ксенія
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you
Tell me, how exactly do you distribute which mail is received from the box?
I didn’t distribute it in any way, I just made the settings, and then I saw on the forum that you can specify which directories to ignore, but I didn’t find the coding in gmail)
14.03.2024, 09:58

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment