1b.app
Link copied -

Change the order of fields when entering parcel sizes for New mail

Is there a way to change the order in which dimensions are entered?
Always and for everyone it was first length-width-height
and for some reason you have a different width-length-height
which creates a lot of inconvenience
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Larin Dmitry wrote:
Always and for everyone it was first length-width-height
and for some reason you have a different width-length-height

What if another client appears and says that he is more comfortable as it is now? Return back?
For out of a huge number of clients who use NP, you are the first to declare this.
06.01.2021, 15:37
Original comment available on version: ru

I just don’t understand why you made the fields in the CPM that differ in order from the new mail, in all other CRM systems it’s done like in Nova Poshta
others could just put up
about returning, you could just check the field order integration, let's say that could help the issue significantly, and then you would see for yourself how many people would switch to the new mail parameters
06.01.2021, 15:44

Larin Dmitry wrote:
I just don’t understand why you made the fields in the CPM that differ in order from the new mail, in all other CRM systems it’s done like in Nova Poshta

just as I don't understand why we had to do otherwise

Larin Dmitry wrote:
others could just put up

well, if there are several cloud users who are not comfortable with this, we can swap
but in case there are dissatisfied - this will be the area of responsibility of these users

Larin Dmitry wrote:
about returning, you could just check the field order integration, let's say that could help the issue significantly, and then you would see for yourself how many people would switch to the new mail parameters

here's what - and we will definitely not do a stupid checkmark that changes the location of 2 fields in the interface
there is no development value in this, just someone's "visual comfort"
06.01.2021, 15:56

I will explain the logic why first it is long and then everything else
first, the large side is always measured - that is, it is long, and then the width and height, and the order of the numbers goes from larger to smaller, and here it turns out first a small number and then a large one and again small ... confusing
Therefore, this method is accepted as a standard - this is called ergonomics, which guides interface developers, including other CRM systems.
That is, instead of making the functionality of changing the order of lines, you simply place all the responsibility and negativity on those people who just want convenience and an accepted universal standard, cool)
but about visual comfort - when you yourself arrange dozens of parcels with this measurement method, then we'll talk), it's like swapping the clutch and brake pedal in a car with a manual gearbox ...
06.01.2021, 16:03

this situation reminds me of the situation with the date format ... how many people have already contacted you to change the date format to the usual one in the CIS) and for this you even made an auditors contest where you checked the ergonomics and logic of your interfaces ..
06.01.2021, 16:07

Larin Dmitry wrote:
That is, instead of making the functionality of changing the order of lines, you simply place all the responsibility and negativity on those people who just want convenience and an accepted universal standard, cool)

If we do all the "Wishlist" of our customers, the product will turn into an even more complex tool, because instead of the obvious, there will be some incomprehensible settings, etc.
I pointed out that we are not opposed to swapping the fields - but on the condition that it will be necessary not only for you alone. For now users are accustomed to the current location and if this does not create problems for them, we will change it.
06.01.2021, 16:09

Very interesting reading, given that they did 1 in 1 as in the new mail https://prnt.sc/whk3yp at the time of completion))
06.01.2021, 16:19

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment