1b.app
Link copied -

The speed of processing text input in the search field

Please speed up the processing of text input in the global search field. Now, after clicking on the icon, there is some kind of delay, due to which 1-2 characters are not entered.
This is very hindering in work, because. most often you need to find something quickly (the client came and calls the order or phone number, search for goods while talking with the client, etc.), you click on the search, start entering data, and the first characters are skipped. You have to erase, sometimes ask again.
Or when copying data from outside and pasting immediately after clicking on the search icon. It doesn't insert right away.
Waiting after clicking is extremely inconvenient, especially when the window has appeared and visually everything is ready for the search.
There was no such problem in MVP, it worked instantly, even if the search field did not appear, all characters were always entered at once.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Hello. Taken for optimization
08.01.2023, 18:23
Original comment available on version: ru

Added an insertion method to start the search, reduced the delay + added the start of the search by pressing the enter (the search will not search if the input is less than 3 characters). Expect an update
09.01.2023, 14:49

Thanks, but is it possible to make the search field immediately active and the filling work?
Now there is a micro delay, but almost always it does not allow you to enter the first character, i.e. after clicking on the search icon, you enter the first character, and the field is not yet active, and as a result, the first letter is skipped.
03.02.2023, 17:06

Hello, can you do it? It’s really inconvenient to work: without hesitation, you press search, start typing, the first letters are skipped, or you paste the copied data through ctrl + v, but it doesn’t work the first time.
In MVP, characters were immediately entered into the search field. Maybe you can directly implement it there?
21.02.2023, 15:19

Try to make a video. To make it visually clear
21.02.2023, 16:24

In the video, after clicking on the search, I enter 123456, sometimes one and two do not have time to enter.
I also paste the copied value using ctrl + v from the first click does not work - the search field is not yet active, the cursor is not set.
21.02.2023, 23:49

Farkhshatov Rodion wrote:
In the video, after clicking on the search, I enter 123456, sometimes one and two do not have time to enter.

well, I see from the video that you start typing text BEFORE the input field becomes in focus
22.02.2023, 14:31

The point is just this. I'm talking in terms of user experience.

You press the search icon, then proceed to enter a query, but the field has not yet become active, and it turns out that the first characters are skipped. Moreover, more often this happens at a high pace of work, although even in a quiet mode, the line sometimes does not have time to load.

The most annoying thing is that the window with the field has already appeared, and it seems that the field is ready for input, but it turns out that you need to wait for its activity.

That's how it worked in MVP. You clicked on the search icon, a field appeared, and the query was entered instantly. Therefore, after the update, they immediately felt the difference.

Can I speed up the activation of the field for entering a request?

For example, on our site in a fixed header, the search field opens already active.

https://shine-bright.com.ua/
22.02.2023, 23:15

Reduced the time to focus on will input. Expect updates
24.02.2023, 13:24

Thank you it got better
11.03.2023, 11:38

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment