1b.app
Link copied -

Hosting Onebox on your server

Hello.
Question #1
Where can I get acquainted with the structure of the onebox files that are installed on the server. The question is - is it possible to host your site on the same server so that everything is in one place? Is there an instruction for installing onebox on your server.
And question number 2, so as not to produce topics
Please briefly describe what processes can use 8 GB of RAM and 4 processor cores, for a small box with 2-3 users and up to 500 products, how critical it is to have just such a minimum configuration.
I would be grateful for a prompt response.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Valery, good afternoon!
1. At the moment there is no such documentation, it will be available later (a couple of months).
The request is rare, while we do not spend resources on it.
1.1. Putting OneBox OS and anything else on the same server in the same environment is not desirable.
Moreover, we will not undertake to do this and will not bear any responsibility.
Better different virtual machines.
This is due to the fact that OneBox OS occupies exactly all available resources at the moment (see point 2 below), and it also uses memcache, redis, which are common to the entire server.
Therefore, it is better to take two different virtual machines (VPS) side by side.
2. It all depends on what OS applications you install.
By default, OneBox OS itself needs at least 3 cores (more precisely, the operating system should see 3 threads, 300% CPU).
This is very arbitrary, but still:
- The first 100% are conditionally CentOS, MySQL, memcached, redis.
- The second 100% is php-fpm.
- The third 100% is cron-hour, cron-day, cron-minute.
And then everything depends on what applications you install.
For example, you use full-text search (search for any data for a box) and you have 10 business process groups. The user's request will be processed through redis in as many threads as you have free cores. If there are 5 cores - everything works in parallel in 5 threads, if there are 0-1 free cores - then in one thread. And so for a long time.
The mail application is +N threads, how many mailboxes you have. Of course, one thread does not take up 100% of the CPU forever, it is often in a sleep state. But if you have 100 mailboxes and letters are constantly flying there, then this is + 200-300% to the CPU.
Recalculation of prices and availability - consumes as many resources at the moment as there are free ones. There, everything can be considered in one thread, or maybe in 600 threads (for a server with 32 cores).
Infusion of any data from Excel / CSV - into one stream, but if you put 5 files on the injection, then there are already 5 streams.
To summarize, OneBox OS uses all available resources as efficiently as possible. And he cannot guess that someone else nearby (some site) is fighting for the same resources.
PS: A little explanation for those who read this thread and don't understand how it can be 300% CPU.
In Linux/Unix, if you have 4 CPU cores (8 threads), then you have a maximum of 800% CPU available.
In windows - if you have 4 CPU cores (8 threads) - then the operating system shows you anyway from 0 to 100% of the CPU (just in these 100% 8 cores).
Personally, I have a box on the OS, in which only three applications are installed: Mail (1 box) and Projects and Payments.
And it all works on the CPX11 virtual machine https://www.hetzner.com/cloud for 3 euros/month.
But I am clearly aware that if I install at least one more app, I need to upgrade the server.
30.06.2021, 11:09
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment