1b.app
Link copied -

Boxed OneBox and OneBox OS

Please tell me. Can a boxed One Box purchased now be transferred to One Box OS? And how will it go?
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

1. Let's start with the fact that OneBox OS is still at least 3-6 months away :)
2. OneBox OS is not the next version of the product, it is a different product to which almost complete data migration from OneBox MVP is possible (except for access rights).
3. OneBox OS is a platform, an operating system, with a bunch of separate applications, most of which do not belong to us, but to third-party developers.
4. OneBox OS will only be billed monthly: you have to pay $25/user/month for all basic apps and/or $0-5/app/user/month for a specific installed app.
5. If you are a cloud client - you will be updated automatically and free of charge.
6. If you bought OneBox CRM+ERP boxed license in the past, it doesn't mean anything: you have to pay money every month to get OneBox OS. Perhaps there will be discounts for the migration of existing customers (conditionally a discount for the first six months), but this is not certain.
7. Can I install OneBox OS on my server? Yes, you can, but two conditions:
- you still pay every month like for a cloud
- minimum server is 16 cores 32 threads 64 GB RAM, SSD / NVME SSD.
Why is it so tough on those who have already bought OneBox once?
It's simple: because I want to :)
This is the main and honest reason. I don't want to give something for free to old clients, as long as they think well of me. It doesn't make money.
But the development of OneBox OS will cost at least UAH 10-12 million. Am I willing to invest 10 million to have existing customers just say "thank you"? Thank you but no.
04.02.2021, 22:49
Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/
Original comment available on version: ru

Good afternoon, Maxim.
Your logic is clear, all costs should be paid off. The only problem is that the only way to get customers to buy or move to the cloud is to make customers want to buy your product themselves.
Therefore, whether you like it or not, you depend on your reputation. And here you underestimate the role of your customers.
After purchasing the box, your salespeople ran through our partners (maybe a coincidence) and "boasted" about working with us. Who do you think our partners asked for feedback after your visit?
I am happy to pay for product support, and do not aim to use the product for free. Actually, I didn't get it for free. But I'm not sure yet that $1,000 a month for 50 users is an adequate price. Bitrix costs 2200 UAH per month for similar functionality. Boxing is tougher? Possibly, but it still needs to be proven.
Maxim, I don’t want to get into advice where I wasn’t asked :) But let me give you feedback.
If you are the CEO of a company, then first of all you should be responsible for the marketing of the company. What you wrote above is a dubious blot on the company name. You need to keep your finger on the pulse, controlling customer satisfaction.
One satisfied customer can bring more customers to your company than your entire sales force. And dissatisfied - to nullify all your efforts (and even more so desires).
Literally, you can make a button in the box, where, after authorization, each user could rate the system. This would allow us to analyze the result of our work and integrators, and understand what is actually happening with customers.
08.03.2021, 12:06

Sergey, good afternoon!
Thank you for your comment.
I deliberately do not listen to the opinions of customers, almost no one likes it, but only thanks to this position OneBox is created and changed. Let me explain in detail my position, it is not as bold and rude as it seems to everyone.
Over the past few years, OneBox has not developed in any way. This happened precisely because all changes in the company and the product took place exclusively according to the following rules:
1. the client wants something specific - let's figure out how to give it to him (ala individual approach)
2. The client says that Bitrix/Amo/Terrasoft has it, but we don't? Let's add it (and don't care if we and our clients need it or not)
3. the client wants to add something to the product and is ready to pay for it - ok, let's do it.
What we get as a result:
1. a huge pile of custom obligations for different clients, which are still not clear how to fulfill.
2. software with a bunch of checkboxes and options, in which the devil will break his leg, even I don’t know how to configure 90% of the functionality. And the product is getting worse.
3. a huge bunch of clients who insistently demand individual finishes, complain that something breaks as a result, are unhappy when the rules of the game change.
4. impossibility to sell the software as it is (difficult and lengthy sales).
I agree that the user should want to buy a new product. This is true.
For this we:
- we make a new product that is better
- deliberately stop selling / reselling the old
- we deliberately do not listen to the opinions of users on the old product, because all they say at the moment is "it was better before" or "is it possible as in the old version?".
My end goal:
1. attract as many NEW users as possible
2. it is desirable, but not necessary, that the old ones do not fall off
09.03.2021, 11:19

After purchasing the box, your salespeople ran through our partners (maybe a coincidence) and "boasted" about working with us. Who do you think our partners asked for feedback after your visit?

Additional to this note.
In short: I am not aware of this situation and have no influence on it.
In detail: OneBox does not have Sales. Generally. There are separate distribution companies that are really separate.
https://crm-onebox.com/en/contacts/
OneBox buys "new cloud client connection" from them and that's it, nothing else.
We do not influence them in any way, we do not give them anything, we do not guarantee, they are not employees. This is a separate company with a contract to OneBox.
Therefore, if one of the distributors showed off as you wrote, I will try to break them for it, but I do not promise the result. Write who specifically did it (here).
Thank you.
09.03.2021, 11:23

Max, thanks for the detailed answer. You are saying fundamentally correct things. If Steve Jobs had listened to his customers, he would never have made the iPhone.
Custom improvements - I think the main problem of boxing. Of course, it is necessary to listen to the client's pain, but how to treat is the business of a system developer. And it should be done in such a way that everyone can use it. So that everything corresponds to the general concepts. I think that if someone needs a completely individual solution, they should disconnect it from the general update and write code only for it.
Back to iPhone. iPhone 11 is bought not only because it is good, but because people are happy with the 10th. Do you want new clients? Then you need an army of satisfied existing customers. Did I understand correctly that it is their opinion that you care about?
Maxim, I beg you, please think about it. How long have you been conducting customer surveys? Are they ready to recommend boxing to others? What are their comments?
And about myself. I bought the box not because I'm a redneck, but on the contrary, I liked your concept and I believed in you and invested money. And I could rent it, face the first problems, abandon everything and would no longer enter into a discussion with you. Moreover, I am ready to participate financially in the development of the project, whether it be personal improvements or functionality that everyone needs. But in this situation, I feel used and not needed. You need a monthly subscription to cover the costs. But old customers still don’t pay, let them complain to themselves ...
And I would love to continue my journey with you. But it’s easier for me psychologically to purchase a product and have an asset than to have a liability every month. What will happen tomorrow if I can't pay $1,000 a month? I will lose both what I paid for and what I implemented. It's not comfortable for me. That's why I'm the owner of the box. And I do not want to sit on my neck, I am ready to pay for something that gives me additional benefits. But so far I do not see suitable conditions in your tariffs. Thank you.
13.03.2021, 07:33

Sergey,
Thank you too, you write constructively and to the point.

Back to iPhone. iPhone 11 is bought not only because it is good, but because people are happy with the 10th. Do you want new clients? Then you need an army of satisfied existing customers. Did I understand correctly that it is their opinion that you care about?

I'm more impressed with the windows example: from my point of view, this is a very, very bad operating system, but microsoft shoved it into everyone. And I like how they did it and continue to do it.
About iphone. You are right - in order to sell the 11th, you need it to be better than the 10th (imaginary better). But what if the previous version of OneBox is "shit"? That is why I am doing the following. It sounds harsh, but in fact, one of the motivators for me is that I want to do better.
Do I need an army of satisfied customers? I will not answer "yes" or "no", but rather give an example of why a satisfied customer does not contribute to the promotion of OneBox:
imagine you are a large security company. I ask you - call all your competitors in the security niche and recommend OneBox.
You will only be able to do this for one of two reasons:
1. either you intend to buy this competitor in the foreseeable future, and it is beneficial for you that he has the same software and approximately the same processes.
2. either this is not your competitor, but a partner to whom you are currently sending orders for security calls or partner in some other way.
Everything, in all other cases, you will NOT recommend OneBox to a competitor.
(I know that you recommend OneBox and I personally am very grateful to you for this, but you are an exception, a good exception.)
And what should we do? When a "lead for coffee delivery to offices" comes to us, not a single existing client who deals in "coffee" will make a recommendation. And the lead asks "give exactly those who do the same! Another niche does not roll."
It's such a big problem that we can't even put the logos of all 4000+ customers on the site, because 95% of them say "I don't want anyone to know that I use onebox", because he perceives onebox as his asset, secret weapon against competitors.
---
In general, for me it is quite a difficult problem "how to give OneBox OS" to old boxed clients.
This is a mixture of financial, legal, technical, support issues, ethical considerations.
And I haven't come up with a good solution yet.
13.03.2021, 12:21

A satisfied client should not persuade and bring new clients. The problem here is that a negative review will completely discourage new customers.
Each system has its pros and cons. And boxing is no exception. But the CEO has no right to call his product "shit"
I, for one, am not so pessimistic. Yes, there are disadvantages. I don't know what you mean by your assessment, but I see the following:
1. When working with a client, we often show him a screen with an order and he sees the box interface. There were some who know boxing. And they thoughtfully said (yes, they also tried it. It is slow. It works slowly. "If they ask me, I will say the same thing. I do not believe that this cannot be solved.
2. You give the client to the conscience of the integrator - and this is a big mistake. You should leave quality control of integration and customer satisfaction to yourself.
3. I'm on the forum asking for an audit, to identify the reasons, I'm ready to pay. But no one is interested. It turns out interesting only to sell. And then how will it be...
4. Right now at 17:30 they filled in the revision and boxing lay down. Became the whole process. I don't even have a support phone number. Simple for me is worth a lot. And big companies will leave on the first day for this. If you do not value customers, then the new version will not work. It will not work to do big business with the words "I want it that way" and "I don't care what the customers say." Sorry if I'm repeating myself.
5. You need to participate personally in solving customer problems. At least supervise large clients. Do a focus group, study tasks and make system improvements, not crutches. (well, you wrote it yourself)
6. Offer comprehensive services and be responsible for both integration and speed and downtime. For example, I would like to pay for the server to you, and not to someone else. What are your reasons for not making money?
7. Offer customers package upgrades. Within the framework of which common problems will be discussed, interesting solutions will be found and implemented. But again, not a personal crutch, but as it is appropriate for a system product. We are ready to pay for it.
16.03.2021, 18:16

A satisfied client should not persuade and bring new clients. The problem here is that a negative review will completely discourage new customers.

Each system has its pros and cons. And boxing is no exception. But the CEO has no right to call his product "shit"

In a sense, I am quite critical of my product. I consider any previous version "bad", otherwise I would not make the next one.
It's not about persuasion, it's about being able to recommend. I described above the situation, why customers do not recommend. Yes, there are nuances with the product, I don’t argue, but this does not negate the fact that I wrote above.

Ptashkin Sergey wrote:
2. You give the client to the conscience of the integrator - and this is a big mistake. You should leave quality control of integration and customer satisfaction to yourself.

Yes, because otherwise I don't see how to build a "big business".
The control tree is very expensive.
I believe that the ideal system is one that does not exist, but its function is not fulfilled.
We have just started working with partners as independent companies, where they sell their services themselves and work with clients themselves.

3. I'm on the forum asking for an audit, to identify the reasons, I'm ready to pay. But no one is interested. It turns out interesting only to sell. And then how will it be...

Can you give a link? Just so that no one offers you anything - it's strange, you can't believe it :)

Ptashkin Sergey wrote:
4. Right now at 17:30 they filled in the revision and boxing lay down. Became the whole process. I don't even have a support phone number. Simple for me is worth a lot. And big companies will leave on the first day for this. If you do not value customers, then the new version will not work. It will not work to do big business with the words "I want it that way" and "I don't care what the customers say." Sorry if I'm repeating myself.

OneBox has tech support only through this forum.
You ordered a revision, and you have (should have) the phone number of the integrator who does it on your invoice.

5. You need to participate personally in solving customer problems. At least supervise large clients. Do a focus group, study tasks and make system improvements, not crutches. (well, you wrote it yourself)

I personally participate in large projects of clients, I lead 2-3 projects per month. For money.

6. Offer comprehensive services and be responsible for both integration and speed and downtime. For example, I would like to pay for the server to you, and not to someone else. What are your reasons for not making money?

In this case, there is a "rent" - and all the problems with the server are ours.
Maintaining and selling servers is not our business. Why? Because I decided so.
You see, there are many ways to make money: in theory, our contractors can install windows on your working computers and clean the floors, but this is not our business.

7. Offer customers package upgrades. Within the framework of which common problems will be discussed, interesting solutions will be found and implemented. But again, not a personal crutch, but as it is appropriate for a system product. We are ready to pay for it.

I will offer this idea to partners. As far as I know, one of them, SheBo, is already doing this.
17.03.2021, 09:24

update:
Official clarification for customers about boxed versions, updates and OneBox OS
https://crm-onebox.com/ru/support/onebox-official-news/7910-ofitsialnoe-razyasne...
26.03.2021, 22:49

Thanks, Maxim.
1. I have a box for 50 users. In fact, I took it with a perspective. I use half. Now "prospects" down the drain. I spent even more on integration than on a box. I am deeply convinced that one-click migration will not work. But I'd rather be wrong.
2. Definitely - the more users - the more expensive the tariff. But I'm not sure that there should be a strictly arithmetic binding. If I had 5 users, then maybe I would not doubt it. I'm definitely not ready to pay 50x$25 per month. I am sure that one client with 50 users is cheaper for you than 10 clients with 5 users. Think, please, about the correct gradation of tariffs.
3. "OneBox has tech support only through this forum.
You ordered a revision, and you have (should have) the phone number of the integrator who does it on your invoice.
No, there is no number.
Phone 0800 on the website "rozetka" costs them several million a month. They refused him. And then they returned it, because the client is more expensive. And you? A week later, on my initiative, they fixed a bug in the interface. After that, it was impossible to change the quantity and price in the process. This was from Friday evening to Monday afternoon. And I can only write posts on the forum.
4. "Can you give a link? Just so that no one offers you anything - it's strange, you can't believe it :)"
If there is an obvious problem - answer. If the place on the server has run out, they will clean it up. But to offer routine work - alas. They can point out an integrator's error. But to conduct an analysis and search for optimal solutions together is not. There is no such link. I'm trying to communicate with Shebo. While only on salesmen left. Respectfully listened :) In the process.
29.03.2021, 22:06

Ptashkin Sergey wrote:
Thanks, Maxim.
1. I have a box for 50 users. In fact, I took it with a perspective. I use half. Now "prospects" down the drain. I spent even more on integration than on a box. I am deeply convinced that one-click migration will not work. But I'd rather be wrong.
2. Definitely - the more users - the more expensive the tariff. But I'm not sure that there should be a strictly arithmetic binding. If I had 5 users, then maybe I would not doubt it. I'm definitely not ready to pay 50x$25 per month. I am sure that one client with 50 users is cheaper for you than 10 clients with 5 users. Think, please, about the correct gradation of tariffs.
3. "OneBox has tech support only through this forum.
No, there is no number.
Phone 0800 on the website "rozetka" costs them several million a month. They refused him. And then they returned it, because the client is more expensive. And you? A week later, on my initiative, they fixed a bug in the interface. After that, it was impossible to change the quantity and price in the process. This was from Friday evening to Monday afternoon. And I can only write posts on the forum.
4. "Can you give a link? Just so that no one offers you anything - it's strange, you can't believe it :)"
If there is an obvious problem - answer. If the place on the server has run out, they will clean it up. But to offer routine work - alas. They can point out an integrator's error. But to conduct an analysis and search for optimal solutions together is not. There is no such link. I'm trying to communicate with Shebo. While only on salesmen left. Respectfully listened :) In the process.

Sergey,
1-2. You can get a boxed OS just by paying $50 x 25 a year. Not in a month! This is $5/user/month per month.
I openly wrote about it here - https://crm-onebox.com/ru/support/onebox-official-news/7910-ofitsialnoe-razyasne... onebox-os/#answer21540
It is also worth understanding how the cloud actually differs from the box from the technical side - https://crm-onebox.com/en/support/onebox-purchase-and-rates/7980-chto-vigodnee--... -korobki-do-os-ili-pereyti-na-oblako/
3. I will think about what to do with the telephone line.
The problem is that I will not be able to put the developer on the phone. It's just that developers like me will never sit on the phone. Not for any money. And to plant anyone except the developer - it will be like in the meme in the screenshot.
Vicious circle.
4. Yes, I understand that partners do not take the initiative. I will try to convey to them. Thank you.
I also heard about Shebo and Sales. Thank you.
30.03.2021, 20:23

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment