1b.app
Link copied -

About the market of project management and planning tools

There is a software market on the subject of "project management, tool, planning software, todo-ers". These are all our favorite task lists, bug trackers, todo lists, calendars, and more.
I'll start right away with the numbers:
USA - 25%
India - 20%
Germany - 6%
Brazil - 5%
rashka - 0.01%
Ukraine - 0.001%
This is Google's organic traffic, percentage relative to the whole world. Data from the ahrefs service for the past couple of years.
Do you understand what's the matter here? If you create software for project management or planning, then there are countries in which this software is much more in demand.
Of course, there are nuances in the form of the population of the region, but we are now talking about the size of the market.
If you create software in Ukraine for keeping a list of tasks, then there are 5,000 times more people who want to use it in Brazil, 6,000 times more in Germany, and 25,000 times more in the USA.
And while I myself did not see this in a particular country, I believed that all people are the same, that everyone plans plus or minus the same way and they score the same on plans. Nope.
In Germany, if you invite someone to visit (I'm not even talking about business), then the person immediately opens the calendar on his phone and checks his plan. Even grandmothers do this when they visit each other. And planning in business there is generally 100% at least half a year ahead.
Funnily enough, there is a lot of project management traffic in India, but not because everyone likes to plan. India is a big country and there is a lot of outsourcing of programmers. How does outsourcing work? Hey, dudes from India, here's a list of tasks for you to code. Where is the task list? That's right, in Jira. I mean, there is a lot of traffic in India - then you will not sell anything there. Because customers from the USA and Germany hire programmers from India and give them a list of tasks in bug trackers that are convenient for them. And the Indians are forced to google "how to work with this jira".
Why do subscriptions (Scam-as-a-Service =) work in the US and EU? Yes, because there is more. The markets are so much larger that you don't need to communicate with each client and prove to him that this is a useful thing, explain how to use it, what benefits it gives. Everyone understands this anyway. It is necessary - I tried - it came up - I bought it. Free checkout! No phone calls or "give me a presentation" entertainment.
In Ukraine and the CIS (and India), Jira, Redmine, etc. are popular not because it is such a cool and fluffy software that gives you nothing but good things, but because customers put tasks into it from behind a hillock. And you just get used to it.
By the way, the same topic with 1-ASS.
Original question is available on version: ru Как со мной связаться - никак :)
Задавайте вопросы на форуме публично - и я отвечу.
Подробнее - https://1b.app/ru/user/11/

Answers:

Poltorak Sergii
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you
Interesting, thanks!
12.04.2023, 14:49
Original comment available on version: ua

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment