1b.app
Link copied -

OS - Process List

1. There is a problem with displaying text in one line. Or rather, the text is NOT displayed in one line, although the entire table is already wide and can even be scrolled. Please explain why, then, important, from our point of view, columns are so narrow (name, project, responsible)?
How can I make it so that the text does not wrap to the second line? It is very "painful" to look at such lists and work with them. Can this be fixed? (see screenshots)
2. And in this regard, the height of the table header must be reduced in height. She is unreasonably tall.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

1. all columns are adaptive and the table will look strange if 1 task has 500 characters title
questionable improvement
2. no, it's not in style
16.07.2021, 23:54
Original comment available on version: ru

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
all columns are adaptive and the table will look strange if 1 task has 500 characters title

1. I agree that because of one line, the entire table should not change, but the way the table looks now (the screenshot clearly shows this) is not normal. You can make long text after 40-50 characters become transparent and hidden. Or that long texts after 40-50 characters throw words on the second line.
But! The most convenient is when the user controls the width of the column, as in Excel. Just drag it with the mouse, save it and you're done.
2. In general, one of the coolest tables in www.coda.io, I don’t know how they achieved this, but there definitely is a style there.
https://coda.io/@ergo/ginta
As an example of my table for accounting building materials
17.07.2021, 01:48

today the table was reworked
so I think you can watch
19.07.2021, 16:25

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
today the table was reworked
so I think you can watch

Thank you.
And for those who are especially demanding (if suddenly someone has a question about the line height), you can make long text cut off, as in the comments. And when hovering with the mouse, the full text in the tooltip was shown.
19.07.2021, 16:31

I think you should mark the issue as closed, otherwise you will not be able to create new tickets - this is so advice to you))
19.07.2021, 17:30

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
I think you should mark the issue as closed, otherwise you will not be able to create new tickets - this is so advice to you))

in some cases, not in this particular case, it would be incorrect to mark as "correct answer".
there is no way to close the question and indicate that no solution was found! and that would be correct.
19.07.2021, 18:38

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:

And you were clever. For example, I made 5 suggestions for improvements. You wrote "let's do it", but some can wait a week or a month, and I can't close the ticket, because. I want to check in time if done. And if at this time I notice a bug, I will no longer be able to put a new ticket.
19.07.2021, 19:05

Kornev Mikhail wrote:

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:

And you were clever. For example, I made 5 suggestions for improvements. You wrote "let's do it", but some can wait a week or a month, and I can't close the ticket, because. I want to check in time if done. And if at this time I notice a bug, I will no longer be able to put a new ticket.

Not certainly in that way
you just take away our time and other clients suffer because there is no time to respond to them
in tasks where improvement is taken up, you can easily ask for a deadline and set yourself a reminder and then put either a new ticket or write in the same place and you will be answered
while I gave you an unlimited number of questions
19.07.2021, 22:02

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
you just take away our time and other clients suffer because there is no time to respond to them

We waste time describing bugs, suggesting improvements, and asking clarifying questions. Your job is to spend time on it and you get paid for it, in theory. The user, for the fact that I am wasting time in this way, will not be reimbursed. If there were full-fledged instructions, a well-thought-out functional interface, then all these questions would not exist.

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
in tasks where improvement is taken up, you can easily ask for a deadline and set yourself a reminder and then put either a new ticket or write in the same place and you will be answered

This is the logic of the business process that developers should think about, not the user. The user can only use and use as it is convenient for him, quickly and easily.
Why a bunch of identical tickets? Is it possible to make tickets with statuses? How to make tickets not duplicated? And other questions asked by developers...

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
other clients suffer

I think that thanks to my observations and tickets, other customers will rejoice, not suffer. ))) And the reviews confirm this after our joint work with you.
19.07.2021, 22:31

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment