1b.app
Link copied -

OS - Interface elements

I guess I'll take the point of view of many OS users by saying that we want to work with the important information and not be distracted by the less important.
1. Here's how much space you can free up if you remove unimportant elements and optimize the interface. See screenshot
2. Link "categories" (although logically you need to write "category manager") - for some reason it opens the category manager. At the same time, this gray field disappears and you can return back only by clicking on the display method (and here it is logical for the "categories" link to appear).

You need to fix all the illogical elements, because they only confuse the user.
3. The inscription "Total categories" which is now at the top (it is also in other lists of processes) should be at the bottom!, or should be located so as not to attract attention and not take up space for displaying more important interface elements.
[file]
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
1. Here's how much space you can free up if you remove unimportant elements and optimize the interface. See screenshot

you removed blocks that you don’t like or don’t need ... - this is not interface optimization, but customization

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
2. Link "categories" (although logically you need to write "category manager") - for some reason it opens the category manager. At the same time, this gray field disappears and you can return back only by clicking on the display method (and here it is logical for the "categories" link to appear).
You need to fix all the illogical elements, because they only confuse the user.

we'll do it here

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
3. The inscription "Total categories" which is now at the top (it is also in other lists of processes) should be at the bottom!, or should be located so as not to attract attention and not take up space for displaying more important interface elements.

in all applications, this information is at the top, on the basis of which it should be at the bottom, it is not clear to me.
12.07.2021, 09:56
Original comment available on version: ru

Kornev Mikhail wrote:

in all applications, this information is at the top, on the basis of which it should be at the bottom, it is not clear to me.

this information is of the second degree of importance, and occupies a whole band at the top. The first order of importance is the list itself.
12.07.2021, 10:07

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
you removed blocks that you don’t like or don’t need ... - this is not interface optimization, but customization

The list exists in order to see the most necessary information on all processes, but it turns out that there is a list, but you see it only 5-6 lines out of 50, and this is only 10%. So what's the point of this list? If I, as a user, need to see exactly one process, I will go into it.
12.07.2021, 12:45

Kornev Mikhail wrote:
this information is of the second degree of importance, and occupies a whole band at the top. The first order of importance is the list itself.

this is the second priority to you
and other clients need it as a priority
expect soon grid data can be configured block by block

Yurchenko Roman Sergeevich wrote:
The list exists in order to see the most necessary information on all processes, but it turns out that there is a list, but you see it only 5-6 lines out of 50, and this is only 10%. So what's the point of this list? If I, as a user, need to see exactly one process, I will go into it.

give me a picture where you see only 5 lines from the table and on which device
12.07.2021, 12:53

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:

- I accidentally marked your answer as correct, sorry it can't be undone.
- you, as a software developer, who, by the way, is "customized" to some extent by the user himself, should not determine what information will be important in the interface. rather, your task is to make it so that the user can quickly, conveniently and accurately configure what information he needs to see first.
12.07.2021, 16:38

Kornev Mikhail wrote:

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:

- I accidentally marked your answer as correct, sorry it can't be undone.
- you, as a software developer, who, by the way, is "customized" to some extent by the user himself, should not determine what information will be important in the interface. rather, your task is to make it so that the user can quickly, conveniently and accurately configure what information he needs to see first.

my task is to make the user as comfortable as possible
12.07.2021, 16:53

[/quote]
[/quote]
Well, it’s inconvenient for us to work, that’s why we turn to you for help.
12.07.2021, 16:56

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:

Igor, please reduce the block and use the data on the screen more rationally. Most of your clients are small and medium businesses that use small format monitors. At best, this is 21 inches and that is rare, but more often 17 and / or 19, and now imagine how they work there. I am sure that you definitely do not have such a diagonal and you do not need to be a seller, a kull-center operator, assemblers and someone else all rolled into one. And when you have to work on all sides - even a few scrolls - this is hell.
I'm also a client, and it's just unbearable when everything on the screen is large and half of these large elements are not important at all -
Thanks for understanding.
12.07.2021, 17:10

Ustimenko Igor

Igor, judging by this comparative picture, how do you think the screen is more informative and easy to use?
In some cases, I am not campaigning to do 1C, I just want to draw attention to the fact that it will be more convenient to work with lists when this list is visible, and not a header for this list.
12.07.2021, 17:18

Igor, judging by this comparative picture, how do you think the screen is more informative and easy to use?

I absolutely do not care how it is done in 1C, we never look at third-party systems. If you visually like working in the antediluvian development system of the 90s, use 1C without any problems.

In some cases, I am not campaigning to do 1C, I just want to draw attention to the fact that it will be more convenient to work with lists when this list is visible, and not a header for this list.

partially we will reduce the padding and font size
14.07.2021, 16:44

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
partially we will reduce the padding and font size

Thanks for understanding.
14.07.2021, 17:07

Ustimenko Igor
OneBox production wrote:
I absolutely do not care how it is done in 1C, we never look at third-party systems. If you visually like working in the antediluvian development system of the 90s, use 1C without any problems.

Igor, as I wrote "In some cases I do not agitate to do 1C", it's just that 1C was closest to me compared to other systems, so I used it as an example.
On the account "we never look at third-party systems", and this is not true. Even Maxim Miroshnichenko can confirm this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJxxHXbjgA&t=2655s
In any case, I don't want to argue with you, because I understand that everyone has their own taste and opinion, but I'm just trying to convey the importance of this refinement.
Thanks for understanding!
14.07.2021, 17:44

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment