1b.app
Link copied -

How to correctly configure the action for importing goods from XML so as not to break the existing category tree

In automation once an hour /admin/auto/action/hour/edit/ there is an action Universal import of products (xml/json).
There is an xml file in which the categories are set in this format , the PROM standard file itself.
Boxing already has a category tree that is already set up, combat, and in no way can it be spoiled.
The question is:
I need to load categories and goods from them into a certain one category, that is, I create the category Supplier A and categories are built into it according to the file and goods are loaded into them, while it is imperative that the existing categories do not change their location, name, data and etc. (they also have their own id).
What checkboxes do I need to set in the "Generic Import Products (xml/json)" action to complete the above task?
I understand that you need to use the "Parent category" item in which I will set Supplier A, but I don't quite understand what checkboxes to set .
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

The setting "Do not update information about categories and the category tree (only new categories will be created)" indicated in screenshot 2 is just needed in order to only find a category (without updating any data in it) or create a new one if not found.
By default, a category is searched by external ID, if it is specified in the file and the setting "Search and create categories only by category name without building a category tree" is specified.
If the category is not found and the setting "Search and create categories only by category name without building a category tree" is specified, the category will try to find by name or create. Otherwise, if the category is not found and the setting is not specified, the category will be created by name.
In the case of both settings, the tree is not rebuilt, as indicated in them.
05.05.2021, 15:42
Original comment available on version: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment