1b.app
Link copied -

Is it possible to create a referral system in the bot builder?

Good day,
I am interested in creating a bot that would help with lead generation and marketing. I wonder if you have a functionality that would allow the bot to generate a unique referral link for the end user. And in the future, administrators can view how many other people subscribed to the bot have been invited by the user.
Original question is available on version: ua

Answers:

Good afternoon. At the moment, there is no functionality for issuing referral links and counting the number of invited users by other users, but it can be done if you need. I correctly understand that you want the bot to have some kind of "get a ref. link" button. When you click on this button, the bot will give you a personal link, and if someone else goes to the bot for the first time using this link, the field is written to this user. in the system?
24.10.2022, 16:21
Original comment available on version: ua

Exactly!
Ideally, it would be great to be able to filter the bot's followers by the number of invited referrals so that targeted mailings can be done.
24.10.2022, 16:24

That. Do you want a filter in the list of contacts when you enter a number, in which you will filter out all contacts who invited > the specified number of referrals for the selected bot?
24.10.2022, 16:25

Yes, we can improve the functionality above if you install yourself in the box application https://1b.app/ua/app/bot-constructor/. After installation, you can write to me in this topic and start configuring the rest of the functionality (probably you need more than just the ref program). The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puorx5bTgcc&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=... can help you with this. After installation within a few weeks, I will be able to program the buttons with ref. program and filtering in the list of contacts. Please let me know the link to your box when you install the app so I can start working on the features. thank you
24.10.2022, 16:36

Пузіченко Юра
Leave a message in this thread and the user's contacts will be shown to you
Agreed, thank you)
24.10.2022, 16:41

Link to my box: https://carmalift.1b.app/app/bot-constructor/

bu
OneBox production wrote:
Yes, we can improve the functionality above if you install yourself in the box application https://1b.app/ua/app/bot-constructor/. After installation, you can write to me in this topic and start configuring the rest of the functionality (probably you need more than just the ref program). The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puorx5bTgcc&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=... can help you with this. After installation within a few weeks, I will be able to program the buttons with ref. program and filtering in the list of contacts. Please let me know the link to your box when you install the app so I can start working on the features. thank you
27.10.2022, 15:29

Good afternoon. Thanks for installing. The referrals feature is working, I'll let you know when it's ready and show you how to set it up
03.11.2022, 11:43

Good afternoon.
1. The variable appeared in the text block. When switching to a block, a link will be generated instead of a variable in the bot. If a user follows this link, the user who created it will appear in the field in the box. In your bot, I added the necessary variable in the block, you can immediately call it up in the bot and try it.
2. in the list of contacts there is an option to filter the number of invited users. There are 2 fields: From and To. For example, you want to filter out users who invited 1 to 7 others to the bot, write . If someone just invited at least one person, put 1 in the field above and leave the field below empty. I removed the filter in the list of contacts in your system, after the test of point 1 you can filter contacts.
If you have any questions or problems - write.
14.11.2022, 14:20

Пузіченко Юра
Good day!
Thanks for the prompt implementation of the feature. I currently have a few questions about setting up the bot, and agreed to discuss them here while Nikolay has problems with electricity.
1. Together with the introductory message, the word "menu" is sent (I have attached a screenshot);
2. If you click "End chat", an introductory message (starting stage) is sent. How to configure so that some other message is sent instead of the start stage? (or nothing was sent at all);
3. If you restart the bot, a chat opens instead of the "start stage";
4. Currently, I do not see new active chats in the van box, although I started them in the bot from two different accounts;
29.11.2022, 16:49

Пузіченко Юра
5. Is it possible to give the user the opportunity to check how many referrals he managed to attract?
29.11.2022, 16:55

1 and 2, at the moment there is no such possibility. We can make something else be sent instead of this word, for example, a block description.
3. Because you had an open chat before that. Restarting the bot does not change this
4. You need to watch, give a link to your bot in Telegram, I will try to write to him and see why the chat does not work
29.11.2022, 16:58

Пузіченко Юра
1. It would be trivial to send "Hello!" instead of "menu" if possible
2. It doesn't work for my bot to return to the starting text stage after each end of the chat, is there any alternative solution?
3. No, the problem is reproduced when you close the chat before restarting (Steps to reproduce: 1. Write a message to open the chat -> 2. Click "End chat" -> 3. Stop + Restart the bot -> 4. Instead of the starting stage, I receive a message about opening chat)
4. https://t.me/carmalift_bot
29.11.2022, 18:17

1. write what you need in the description of the block from the menu, it will be displayed instead of the menu
2. Yes, there are many solutions depending on what suits you. Describe what you want the bot to do after the chat ends
3. Remove the check mark I think you didn't quite understand what it was for. Without it, there will be no message except for entering the chat by pressing the button
30.11.2022, 10:28

Пузіченко Юра
1. It worked, thanks!)
2. Ideally, output a certain text block (I think such a feature would be useful for a wide range of clients);
3. If you uncheck the box, this creates two other problems: 1) Now if the user sends some random message to the bot, the start stage is sent to him 2) in our case, users will quite often write random messages to the bot (because the bot is, in particular, communication with by the technical team), so we need to give the bot the ability to open a chat in response to a random message
30.11.2022, 10:57

Yura Puzichenko wrote:
2. Ideally, output a certain text block (I think such a feature would be useful for a wide range of clients);

display this text block as main. Or is it different from the main one?

Yura Puzichenko wrote:
3. If you uncheck the box, it creates two other problems: 1) Now if the user sends some random message to the bot, the starting stage is sent to him

if the user wants to chat, he has a button in the "I WANT A CHAT" menu

Yura Puzichenko wrote:
3. If you uncheck the box, this creates two other problems: 1) Now if the user sends some random message to the bot, the start stage is sent to him 2) in our case, users will quite often write random messages to the bot (because the bot is, in particular, communication with by the technical team), so we need to give the bot the ability to open a chat in response to a random message

How does a bot restart differ from a random user message? Ego must be thrown into the chat at the same time. If you need, you can make the start of the bot be ignored, but to be honest, I don't know people who block the bot and then press restart to restart it. Usually the bot is written, then remembered when needed and written back instead of blocking it and then unblocking it as you do.
30.11.2022, 11:12

Пузіченко Юра
| display this text block as main. Or is it different from the main one?
It differs. According to the idea, the main block (starting stage) is a kind of onboarding to the bot. And it is illogical to run it again during further use of the bot. By the way, Mykola mentioned that it is possible to start this onboarding somehow separately as a business process when using the bot for the first time, and make the main menu the "starting stage" that is displayed after the chat is finished. Is this option possible?
How does a bot restart differ from a random user message? Ego must be thrown into the chat at the same time. If you need, you can make the start of the bot be ignored, but to be honest, I don't know people who block the bot and then press restart to restart it. Usually the bot is written, then remembered when needed and written back instead of blocking it and then unblocking it as you do.
However, restart differs in that it throws the /start command to the bot. If it was possible to ignore it and run the starting stage, I would be infinitely grateful)
30.11.2022, 11:44

Пузіченко Юра
Up
01.12.2022, 16:04

Yura Puzichenko wrote:
It differs. According to the idea, the main block (starting stage) is a kind of onboarding to the bot. And it is illogical to run it again during further use of the bot. By the way, Mykola mentioned that it is possible to start this onboarding somehow separately as a business process when using the bot for the first time, and make the main menu the "starting stage" that is displayed after the chat is finished. Is this option possible?

I didn't quite understand what Nikolay wanted to do, better check with the original source.

Yura Puzichenko wrote:
However, restart differs in that it throws the /start command to the bot. If it was possible to ignore it and run the starting stage, I would be infinitely grateful)

that. Do you want to send /start to the starting stage and not to the chat? This can be done
When exiting the chat (using the exit button), you can also choose a block to throw at, if you need it. This will take several hours of revisions, I will be able to do them within 2-3 weeks.
If something is much more important than the second one, write it down, it might be possible to do it faster
05.12.2022, 16:00

Пузіченко Юра
| that. Do you want to send /start to the starting stage and not to the chat? This can be done
So! I will be very grateful
| When exiting the chat (using the exit button), you can also choose a block to throw at, if you need it. This will take several hours of revisions, I will be able to do them within 2-3 weeks.
If something is much more important than the second one, write it down, it might be possible to do it faster
Yes, it would be great to be able to choose a text block that would pop up after the chat ends.
Our launch is planned for January - therefore, there is no difference in priority.
Another question: is there a function to give the user the opportunity to check how many referrals he/she managed to attract? Our marketing strategy will be based on giving users rewards for attracting a certain number of followers to the bot, so it would be useful for them to be able to check how many people subscribed through their link.
05.12.2022, 18:52

Yura Puzichenko wrote:
Yes, it would be great to be able to choose a text block that would pop up after the chat ends.
Our launch is planned for January - therefore, there is no difference in priority.

ok, when I complete these tasks, I will write to you in this topic.

Yura Puzichenko wrote:
Another question: is there a function to give the user the opportunity to check how many referrals he/she managed to attract? Our marketing strategy will be based on giving users rewards for attracting a certain number of followers to the bot, so it would be useful for them to be able to check how many people subscribed through their link.

now there is no such possibility directly. I can make you a variable in a text block that will give the number of such users (as with a referral link, only the second variable will be used). Is such a solution suitable? If yes, it will be finished with the previous task.
06.12.2022, 11:09

Пузіченко Юра
| now there is no such possibility directly. I can make you a variable in a text block that will give the number of such users (as with a referral link, only the second variable will be used). Is such a solution suitable? If yes, it will be finished with the previous task.
So! That would be perfect.
Let's choose the final list of tasks:
- When /start, throw to the starting stage, not to the chat;
- To be able to throw on the selected text block at the end of the chat;
- Make a variable that would output the number of users who subscribed to the bot through the user's referral link.
Thank you very much for your help and patience!
06.12.2022, 11:49

Пузіченко Юра
Good day!
Are there any updates possible?
10.01.2023, 12:59

Good afternoon. I apologize for the delay in revisions.
All agreed improvements have been made and uploaded:
1. Start block at /start
2. Selecting a block in the chat on which to throw when closing the chat
3. Variable [refcount] with the number of your referrals
18.01.2023, 15:10
Original comment available on version: ru

Пузіченко Юра
Thank you very much!
01.02.2023, 19:51

Пузіченко Юра
Good day,
It seems that there is a critical bug in the feature with sorting by number of invited users.
When I try to filter users who have invited at least 1 user, it gives me the user Yuliya (I have attached a screenshot).
There are 2 problems with this:
1) User Yuliya did not invite any user to the bot (checked via [refcount]);
2) The user sai_puzich, who invited 2 users to the bot, was not filtered (checked through [refcount]);
Inconvenience is also added by the absence of a field in the details about users, which would indicate the number of invited users by a specific user. Currently, you have to check this through [refcount] in the bot itself.
22.02.2023, 10:24

Good afternoon. Yes, it's a bug, thanks for letting me know. Corrected.
By the number of referrals, unfortunately in the system you can only filter by the number of referrals, you can only look at the field . You can display a field with the number of referrals that the contact brought in the universal block of the contact card - it will take 1 hour. Those. you can go to the card to see who hello this user.
You can also make a filter in the filtering panel where you can select one from the list of contacts and filter out all those whom the selected contact "brought", i.e. to see everyone who has the field on the screen filled in, this will also take 1 hour.
I do not know how it will be more convenient for you, so I offer several options.
22.02.2023, 11:49

Пузіченко Юра
Good day!

Today, based on feedback from users, it turned out that there is a bug in the bot.

It seems that users open a chat with the bot either when the bot starts or when they tap on one of the menu items.

In this regard, users cannot go through the entire flow of the bot, which is a critical defect.

I regularly receive notifications that users have opened a chat with me - and in the message I see /start

More information can be seen in the screenshots.
04.04.2023, 15:07

Good afternoon. The problem was due to ref. links at start, the bot thought it was a chat message. The problem has been fixed, please try ref. links from a new account - chat should not be created.
ps Please create new topics for your questions/wishes/problems. Thank you.
05.04.2023, 18:04

Пузіченко Юра
Good day!

Sorry, I will create new topics in the future if there are any new problems. It's just that this problem was related to what we previously discussed in this topic - that's why I decided to write here so that you could see the entire previous context.

It seems that new users still have the mentioned problem :(

Added a screenshot
07.04.2023, 09:20

Please monitor from now on, I made one more edit
07.04.2023, 09:31

Пузіченко Юра
I just received a fresh report that the problem is still present
07.04.2023, 10:13

Пузіченко Юра
Good day! It seems that the problem has reappeared
23.04.2023, 11:30

I see before the message with start the message that you wrote to the client, which means that you have already had some kind of dialogue with him. The message with start is ignored only if it is the first in the feed or only if the user does not yet have a link to the inviter and the link took place after such a message.
24.04.2023, 17:56

Пузіченко Юра
These are two different users, and there was no correspondence with either of them.

start is their first message in the chat, I have attached screenshots where it is better visible
25.04.2023, 12:31

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment