1b.app
Link copied -

OS - Improvement - Dropdown Height

Please make the dropdown list higher in payments. It is much more convenient to quickly cover the entire list with a glance and select the desired item. The less scrolling, the better. Thank you.
Original question is available on version: ru

Answers:

Kornev Mikhail Ergo wrote:
It is much more convenient to quickly cover the entire list with a glance and select the desired item.

I do not agree with this opinion - this is not an efficient use of space.
A special search was made in the selector, because it is assumed that in most cases, when adding a payment, the user already knows which category he should choose, if necessary.
04.02.2022, 14:54
Original comment available on version: ru

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:

Kornev Mikhail Ergo wrote:
It is much more convenient to quickly cover the entire list with a glance and select the desired item.

I do not agree with this opinion - this is not an efficient use of space.
A special search was made in the selector, because it is assumed that in most cases, when adding a payment, the user already knows which category he should choose, if necessary.

what space? ))) this list opens for some seconds to choose! or find what you need. so this is the meaning of any function, so that it is convenient, and at the same time it can be done quickly! use it. Judging by your logic, it would be possible not to make a list at all, because you can just use the search. but the user does not have to remember everything. there are categories that are rarely used and twisting this little list back and forth to find what you need is inconvenient and infuriating. I don't just write about it.
it is much more convenient for me to see and poke with the mouse than to poke on the keyboard, especially if you don’t remember how the category is written.
04.02.2022, 15:32

about the space you surprised. when you open the drop-down list, are you doing anything else on this page in parallel? no. that is why the list can be longer, for convenience.
04.02.2022, 15:33

Michael, I don't understand your reaction - I, as a OneBox user, cannot express my opinion that the solution you propose is not ideal?
Why did you decide that the whole system should be developed and adjusted only on the basis of your vision, without taking into account the opinions and needs of other users/clients?
04.02.2022, 16:12

In fact, Mikhail is right, when there are many categories and some are rarely used, it is very inconvenient to search for the desired line in such a "limited" space.
04.02.2022, 16:38

Nicholas wrote:
In fact, Mikhail is right, when there are many categories and some are rarely used, it is very inconvenient to search for the desired line in such a "limited" space.

I'm not saying that Mikhail is wrong - I'm saying that I do not agree that this is the most correct solution to achieve most of the goals when working with this drop-down list.
Regarding your argument - maybe if there are among many categories those that are used most often - introduce the concept of sorting and display those indicated by sorting at the top of the list?
It's just that if there are really a lot of categories - getting a full-screen list that formally closes the entire workspace (and overlaps all other data, for example, such as an account, on the basis of which you can decide which category to choose, if you suddenly forgot while opening the selector) - not the most good decision, in my opinion.
04.02.2022, 16:46

The most frequent categories are assigned by an automatic action. But there are payments that sometimes require adjustments or manual assignment. Forget in 3 seconds what I wanted to do, well, sorry, I don’t understand this. But still, the selector can be opened - closed, viewing two volumetric information areas at once with almost one click.
04.02.2022, 17:00

Nicholas wrote:
Forget in 3 seconds what I wanted to do, well, sorry, I don’t understand this.

Well, actually my reasoning in this topic was also based on this.

Nicholas wrote:
But still, the selector can be opened - closed, viewing two volumetric information areas at once with almost one click.

For me personally, searching is more convenient than opening / closing to see other data (by account type) - I see them right away and look for what I need.
Well, in general, opinions vary. If more clients point out that it is more convenient for them, it is up to the architect, who decides what to invest in and what not.
04.02.2022, 17:06

Nicholas wrote:
The most frequent categories are assigned by an automatic action. But there are payments that sometimes require adjustments or manual assignment. Forget in 3 seconds what I wanted to do, well, sorry, I don’t understand this. But still, the selector can be opened - closed, viewing two volumetric information areas at once with almost one click.

imagine that I have 800 payment categories in the box. Those. When I open the list, though so though so they will not see them all. I need to at least elementarily understand what letters are in the category I need in order to find it by name (opening 180 of them directly to the full screen will not help me find them, I will only get even more lost when I see so much text on the screen). If you display a conditional hundred in the list at once, it will not help in any way when searching, since you will have to scroll through this hundred with your eyes and look for the desired category or enter part of its name.
04.02.2022, 17:07

Father Frost
OneBox production wrote:
imagine that I have 800 payment categories in the box. Those. When I open the list, though so though so they will not see them all. I need to at least elementarily understand what letters are in the category I need in order to find it by name (opening 180 of them directly to the full screen will not help me find them, I will only get even more lost when I see so much text on the screen). If you display a conditional hundred in the list at once, it will not help in any way when searching, since you will have to scroll through this hundred with your eyes and look for the desired category or enter part of its name.

The problem with the search is that if you enter a category name, then the parent categories disappear and because of this it is more convenient to see where the category is located. If the parent category hints were left in the search, it would be much better.
And plus, if the list was expanded to at least 10 lines. That's the whole solution. Nobody needs a list right on the whole screen - just convenient and functional.
04.02.2022, 17:55

So, we have already come to the conclusion that it’s not a small list, but it’s just not clear what parent category the desired one has, right?
04.02.2022, 17:57

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:
Michael, I don't understand your reaction - I, as a OneBox user, cannot express my opinion that the solution you propose is not ideal?
Why did you decide that the whole system should be developed and adjusted only on the basis of your vision, without taking into account the opinions and needs of other users/clients?

Express your opinion, that's what this forum is for. But better - offer a good solution to the problem. And I constantly encounter this problem, which I have outlined here, in boxing: in payments, in products, in contacts....
what I propose:
1. increase everywhere lists up to 10 lines
2. to search in the lists, make sure that the parent categories remain visible during the search
04.02.2022, 18:05

Kornev Mikhail
Ergo wrote:

Tyndyk Maxim Vadimovich
OneBox production wrote:

Express your opinion, that's what this forum is for. But better - offer a good solution to the problem. And I constantly encounter this problem, which I have outlined here, in boxing: in payments, in products, in contacts....
what I propose:
1. increase everywhere lists up to 10 lines
2. to search in the lists, make sure that the parent categories remain visible during the search

although processes also have a problem with this. in general, in the whole system it is ...
04.02.2022, 18:12

okay, let's continue to work inconveniently) with hope for the best
07.05.2022, 10:16

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment