1b.app
Link copied -

OS - how to protect business processes from copying

In OneBox OS, the administrator copies and customizes business processes.
What is the mechanism for protecting the intellectual property of applications - business processes that are sold through the application store?
Or can they be copied, repeated or modified by any user with the appropriate rights?
If there is no such protection, do you plan to develop it and in what time frame?
Or have you developed a mechanism when the owner of OneBox cannot make changes to the design of processes or copy them, because such processes are closed to access, including its administrators?
Original question is available on version: ru Вячеслав Легеза

Answers:

Hello. As far as I remember, this issue was discussed at the meeting when they talked about the applications of integrators. There is no protection yet, as there are no precedents.
23.08.2021, 12:21
Original comment available on version: ru

Легеза Вячеслав iCOLOR OneBox
ФОП Легеза В.В.
Personal license

OneBox production wrote:
Hello. As far as I remember, this issue was discussed at the meeting when they talked about the applications of integrators. There is no protection yet, as there are no precedents.

in fact, therefore, the question arose even before such precedents appear
it is better to foresee and take preventive actions than to catch them later
Do you have any ideas how to organize?
23.08.2021, 13:44
Вячеслав Легеза Original comment available on version: ru

It is not clear how often these power supplies will be bought and how many of their "suppliers" will be. It is hardly necessary to do something much in advance here, because the time spent on thinking and writing all kinds of defenses may not even recapture the cost of all BPs.
23.08.2021, 14:02

As an option, make access to the settings of the actions of the BP, only the application provider? So the client will be tied to the supplier (if something needs to be reconfigured or added) and the client will contact the integrator with which he cooperates directly, otherwise, the third-party integrator can request permission to edit the BP from the supplier. (If the client does not want to cooperate with the application provider). This option seems to be not bad, but there is a small BUT, the one who fills the market with their applications will get a monopoly :) :) :) But Baba Yaga is against)))))
23.08.2021, 16:47

Are you sure that your PSU is 100% suitable for everyone? I am 100% sure that your PSU will not suit anyone completely. They will take the "core" from it and reconfigure it to fit their needs. You, like no one else, should know that two identical businesses with identical processes do not exist.
23.08.2021, 21:17

I agree. But it is the owner of the application who will give the go-ahead for reconfiguration, etc., which means that he will cooperate with the client - not for free.
Well, actually, I'm not particularly cut for this idea. But perhaps this will be a motivation for the client to work with the integrator.
HZ.
:):)
23.08.2021, 21:28

I think we will return to this issue as soon as applications begin to be actively sold.
25.08.2021, 09:50

Легеза Вячеслав iCOLOR OneBox
ФОП Легеза В.В.
Personal license

Pyatetsky Nikolai Nikolaevich
OneBox Insiders wrote:
I agree. But it is the owner of the application who will give the go-ahead for reconfiguration, etc., which means that he will cooperate with the client - not for free.
Well, actually, I'm not particularly cut for this idea. But perhaps this will be a motivation for the client to work with the integrator.
HZ.
:):)

Nikolay, I completely agree with you.
this is exactly the point, to develop the application
and let anyone say that something is "impossible", amoCRM offers ALL_ALL, Karl, a linear "business process", which seems to be almost impossible to modify
and this solution is for sale because it is simple and relatively cheap
27.08.2021, 20:40
Вячеслав Легеза Original comment available on version: ru

Please join the conversation. If you have something to say - please write a comment. You will need a mobile phone and an SMS code for identification to enter. Log in and comment